Chapter 62

The Second Mission #2

Soon after receiving Veronica’s call, Vince hurried to the Tower Master’s office. Veronica told him the whole story and said that he would be one of the two people being dispatched. Vince’s expression hardened at the mention of the word ‘slave.’ To him, a criminal organization which sold intelligent species for money were the worst gutter rats.

“I understand the mission,” Vince replied in a tone which was different from his usual cold self. “Liberate the slaves from the organization, [Shackler], and eliminate members of said organization. In addition, find out why they’ve come to Meltor and investigate the truth behind the deal, right?”

“Exactly. If there is some room, capture the commander. If you can’t afford it, torture and kill them.”

“I understand.”

It was a bloody conversation, but this was normal when it came to Red Tower tasks. Things couldn’t always go smoothly, and sometimes violence was needed. The royal family allowed Red Tower magicians to commit violence, and they even had the right of execution depending on the circumstances.

Moreover, utilizing torture in order to extract information was, of course, acceptable. It was why Meltor’s villains didn’t dare go against red robes. War mages were an existence on an entirely different level to them.

“…Tower Master,” Vince spoke to the Red Tower Master instead of immediately leaving the room.

Apart from the difficulty of the mission, he didn’t want his disciple to dip his feet in a dirty ditch like this. It was enough for Vince to dirty his hands. He should be able to handle this much of a force on his own.

However, Veronica realized his thoughts and shook her head. “No. I don’t have a good feeling about this. The information from the White Tower is excellent, but they couldn’t find out everything. If there are more hidden forces, then you won’t be strong enough on your own. Take the kid.”

“Theodore is still only 19 years old.”

“He is also a 5th Circle magician. This Veronica has personally seen that he has a promising future.”

The gazes of the two people clashed in the air. Neither of them doubted Theo’s skills. Theodore’s capabilities had already surpassed the top Average, and he could keep up with his mentor, Vince. Above all, it was important that the person involved, Theodore, didn’t intend to refuse the mission.

Theo took a step forward and broke the confrontation between the two people. “I will do it.”

“You will?”

“I don’t want to send Master to a dangerous place alone. If I can be of assistance, then please let me accompany you.”

Veronica smiled at his attitude. “The kid said so, Vince.”

“…Then it can’t be helped.”

“Well, think of this as the price for having a very good disciple. You don’t have to worry about him doing well.”

In the end, she smiled at Vince and picked up a piece of parchment from her desk drawer. Then she wrote on it roughly with a pen and stamped it with her seal. The stamp had a special ink, which only the Red Tower Master could use, and a certificate holding her name.

Veronica threw the piece of parchment toward Vince. “This is my stamped order. If necessary, use it to ask for the cooperation of Earl Bergen. You may not be able to encircle the organization with just two people.”

“Huh? Wouldn’t it be a nuisance for you to handle?”

“Hey, if I give it to you, then just accept it. What are you saying?” Veronica shouted, forcing Vince to accept the parchment with a grim expression.