Chapter 162

Delicacy From The East #3

The system responded to his permission.

[After confirming the user’s intention, object name ‘Abe no Seimei’ will be called. Checking the communication connection… Success, object name ‘Abe no Seimei’ has approved the two-way communication.]

[He will temporarily be synchronized with the user’s consciousness.]

Simultaneously, the voice disappeared, and darkness covered Theodore’s eyes. It was a darkness which didn’t tolerate the presence of life.

Theodore looked around the darkness with a feeling of déjà vu, and he soon figured out the cause of the darkness. It was the same as when he heard the ‘quests’ in the Pirate Archipelago. Maybe this was the only space where he could converse with the authors.

As before, light particles gathered in front of him. Abe no Seimei… This was the appearance of an existence who couldn’t be handled even with Gluttony’s 4th seal released.

‘Based on only the physique… It is hard to know.’

Theodore looked nervously at the shape which was gradually forming from the light.

He estimated that the figure’s height was 170cm, but the gender couldn’t be discerned. It was difficult to judge because the eyes were male while the jaw was feminine. Shortly after that, Abe no Seimei’s form was completed.

The hem of his sleeves went down to his thighs, while his long hair, which flowed from underneath the strange hat he wore, had a black shine like ebony. He was wearing white clothing similar to a robe, with red cloth woven in. It was clothing that Theodore had never seen in any literature.

However, Theodore could only calmly observe Seimei up to there.

Ping-

The moment that he saw the last part of Seimei’s form, the nose, an unfamiliar dizziness filled Theodore’s mind. Seimei had pale white skin and bright golden eyes. Apart from the cultural difference, it was a beauty which anyone would admire. However, Theodore felt an inexplicable sense of hostility.

“Urgh.” Theodore gritted his teeth as he was filled with the desire to attack.

Meanwhile, Seimei’s eyes widened with surprise. “Ho, an interesting power is protecting you.”

Of course, it was obvious that something was causing this hostility. As Theodore stared at Seimei, he tried to suppress his boiling magic power. “You are Abe no Seimei?”

“That’s right,” the onmyōji, Abe no Seimei, said with a nod as he opened the fan in his hand. “This body is a 2nd generation onmyōji leader, originally Tsuchimikado Abe. I am Onmyōji Seimei.”

Theodore replied with a bleak expression, “I don’t understand what you are saying.”

“Hrmm, you are someone who can’t read the atmosphere. In this situation, it is reasonable to agree enthusiastically.”

“I don’t know who you are, but I don’t like feeling like this. Can you explain?” Theodore couldn’t think about the atmosphere due to the hostility he felt.

However, Seimei countered Theodore’s doubts calmly. “I was just playing a small trick. The hostility isn’t coming from me but from yourself.”

“Myself?”

“To be exact, it is coming from your neck.”

‘My neck?’ Theodore touched his neck and was surprised to feel a cool chill pouring out. It was at the place where Aquilo had injected her blood. The mark which remained there was shining blue. This was a phenomenon Theodore had never experienced before.