Chapter 35

Tournament Finals #3

As the exchange between Theo and Sylvia entered a lull, the unknowingly closed mouths of the audience members finally opened. In the beginning, it was just heavy breathing, but it soon changed to cheers.

The Pupil Tournament had simply been treated as a children's festival, but the competition ended up being at this level!

The mouths of the audience members at the stadium began to move busily. Some of them gave a good evaluation to Theo, who had opened with a heated attack. His explosive power had grabbed the spirits of all the spectators in the stadium.

"That child on the left, did you say his name is Theodore? That first attack was really good. If it was another participant instead of Sylvia, he might've taken two points."

"Blaze Shell and Gale Force... It is a basic teaching in the Red Tower. The skill proficiency of Vince's disciple isn't bad."

"If his achievements accumulate, then he can reach the Average rank."

However, Sylvia's moves also caused a few people to talk.

"Hrmm, but I would put the Liquid Snake at a higher level. Some of the Blue Tower Magicians wouldn't be able to control it with such skill."

"As expected from Blundell's apprentice. Distracting the opponent's eyes with ice arrows and then sliding along the ice sheet for high-speed movement, followed by a blow with the staff in close combat. It is Blundell's famous hand combat style."

"I think that using fighting techniques in a magic contest is a bit... but her opponent did lose a point to it."

A person who didn't know real magic might say something like this.

-No matter how magical a person is, isn't it strange to treat a weapon hit as valid?

Then every war magician would give the same answer.

-That's right, if you are someone who wants to be hit. Either way, there is nothing strange about it.

It might seem quite ignorant, but it was true.

Magicians basically had to keep an eye on the distance from their opponent in a battle.

How much space did they have to cast and what magic could be prepared? The magicians had to take into account the opponent's movement speed and the range in which they would be a risk. Such precious calculations were the basis of all magic before the spells were cast.

Magicians knew better than anyone else that they were vulnerable in close combat. Therefore, they would prepare a few spells or tactics to prepare for enemies who were nearby.

If they were hit by a close combat attack, then the inexperience of the magician or the skill of the opponent was to blame. However, it wasn't just a matter of questioning the magician's experience or skill.

Blundell had a rare expression of surprise on his face as he looked at the interesting match.

"...I remember that magic."

Blundell Adruncus, the Blue Tower Master, was over 130 years old this year.

The days with the war hero, Alfred Bellontes, had just been part of his youth. In fact, Blundell had fought in the war against the Bellontes Principality. The feeling of the chill which shot down his spine as the blue flash emerged from the finger was still vivid.

Blundell hadn't died at the time, but his wound throbbed every time it rained like that time.

Clack!