Chapter 174

Return To The Magic Tower #1

The Northern continent was somewhat different from the Central and Southern continents which were tangles of countries and civilizations.

As for the sword empire, Andras, and the magic kingdom, Meltor… These two powers could take pride in being the strongest in the Northern continent due to their conflict which had lasted for hundreds of years.

‘The history of mankind is war.’ According to one prominent historian, the war which had lasted for centuries had continuously developed the two powers.

There were the seven sword masters which represented the empire, the Seven Swords, and the four tower masters who guarded the Meltor Kingdom. In the other continents, it was enough for them to have one or two masters. However, the North had a total of 11 masters.

On average, there would be an all-out war at least once a century. Having experienced full-scale wars, the Northern continent was vastly different from the Central region which had lived through centuries of peace. As such, the military power and patriotism of the two Northern countries had been trained over many generations.

This meant that Mana-vil, Capital of Meltor, had a thorough defense system.

“…Indeed, there is no way to hide secretly.” Theodore, the young man wearing a dark hood, was amazed as he watched the walls in front of him.

He knew that the walls of Mana-vil were covered with magic to prevent teleporting, but the completeness of the magic couldn’t be ignored. This was magic which had been personally set up by White Tower Master Orta. No one could pass through the wall set up by someone who was considered as the best in the continent at space magic.

Theodore took his eyes off the wall and looked up at the sky. It looked like nothing was happening, but upon reaching the 7th Circle, the landscape before Theodore’s eyes was different now. There was a gossamer thin web of magic power. This was detection magic which enveloped Mana-vil in the shape of a hemisphere.

‘I can’t enter unnoticed if I fly, so the remaining method is…’

…To go through the ground.

The only way was to enter through a tunnel below the wall. Moreover, Theodore had an excellent helper when it came to the earth environment. While avoiding the eyes of others, he scooped up some dirt and whispered to the soil on the palm of his hand, “Mitra.”

At the very moment that he whispered, the dirt on his palm molded into the shape of a girl. The girl, Mitra, with a large bud on her head, looked up at him with a sleepy expression.

[…Heeeng?]

“Oh, you were sleeping. I’m sorry.”

Mitra had a confused expression, but she soon giggled as Theodore patted her head. She looked at him with shining eyes and asked, [Deo, you caw?]

“Can you pass underneath that wall there? Please find out if it is possible.”

[Hoing!] It probably meant that she understood. Mitra gave her distinctive cry and jumped off his palm.

The girl moved through the earth, and
Theo’s mind was soon filled with images of soil, gravel, and roots. The scenery which Mitra looked through passed by in a fleeting manner, causing Theodore to feel slightly dizzy.

Putting aside her innocence appearance, Mitra’s cognitive abilities were lacking in many ways when compared to intermediate elementals. However, her cognitive abilities were enough to achieve Theo’s purpose.

[Hoeeng… Deo, sowwy!}

‘What? What’s going on?’

[Here, strange block. Can’t go.]