Chapter 21

Outside The Academy #3

Cheolkeok!

Theodore closed the door to Professor Vince's laboratory and headed back to his dorm room.

There was no need to rush, but he wanted to feed Gluttony the 'original' as soon as possible. Maybe a special phenomenon would happen, like when he received Alfred's memories through [Ballistics Magic].

'It should be time for Gluttony to wake up.'

He lined up the books on the bed and waited for his sleeping partner to wake up. How long did he wait until...?

-...H-Hungry. Come, feed me.

The hungry Gluttony finally opened its mouth.

[Gluttony has awoken from its sleep and is complaining about an empty stomach.]

[The regular meals have reduced his hunger a lot. There is more room to choose its food. Gluttony will answer one question after eating one book and will immediately fall asleep after eating two books. The remaining time is 1 hour.]

Theo's expression changed subtly as he listened to the guide voice.

After eating 'Roaring Flames' and reaching the E rank, Gluttony's hunger had reduced. The quota of one or two books a day was much lower compared to the five books it had required after waking up for the first time.

Theo might have welcomed the change during his days of secret eating the library books, but that wasn't the case anymore.

'If this is the case, won't I have to be more selective about the books...? Once more seals are released, it might wake up every few days instead of once a day.'

Or it might only want to eat Rare grade magic books as its food...

A magician should always calculate all the possibilities to get the best results. Theodore worried about how Gluttony's changes would affect him and decided to discuss it with Professor Vince next time.

Today, he would focus on [Introduction to Elemental Magic]. Theo shook his head and spread open his palm.

"Come out, eat."

At those words, the tongue stretched out towards the two books on the quilt. As if it wanted to eat the appetizer before the main meal, the tongue started from [Understanding of Healing Magic] which was next to [Introduction to Elemental Magic].

['Understanding of Healing Magic' has been consumed. Your understanding is very high.]

[Proficiency with the 2nd Circle magic 'Cure' has increased. You can heal wounds efficiently.]

A cool breeze blew through his head, and a soft sensation seemed to permeate through him. Theo understood how to use magic on the blood vessels, muscles, and bones. He knew the tricks and tips which magicians at healing clinics used. Now, he could attach sliced off fingers back on.

However, Gluttony didn't end there. Next was today's main dish; [Introduction to Elemental Magic] was sucked into Theo's left hand.

Gulp!

Theo couldn't help gulping along with Gluttony.

[Introduction to Elemental Magic' has been consumed. Your understanding is very high.]

[Your proficiency in elemental magic has increased significantly.]

[An original book has been consumed. Promoting a connection to Myrdal Herseim... success. Myrdal Herseim has accepted the connection with the user.]