Chapter 64

Slaver’s Raiding Mission #1

As a result, the deal was successful.

Vince carried a disgruntled expression until the end, but he wrote down on the scroll that he would help Canis move and give him a new identity. When considering that the power of a Superior magician was equal to that of a superior noble, Canis had an unquestionably strong backer.

After each of them signed the contract, Canis got up with a satisfied expression. “Okay, wait here a bit. It will take some time, so I’ll probably be back when the sun goes down.”

“Do you intend to start immediately?”

“Isn’t time running out? From now on, your work is my job. If I fail, then I won’t gain anything either. You can be confident that I will return after working diligently.”

After telling them to wait, Canis ran out of the store. His movements were full of a vitality which couldn’t be seen until now. He must feel good that he had managed to save his life. The two men left behind in the store without its owner were stunned for a moment, but they soon looked around.

Everything around them was an artifact.

“Take as much as you want. He made a mistake to say that.” Vince laughed as he repeated Canis’ words.

Canis would never have thought that Theodore could take all the things in the store. There were so many things that they wouldn’t fit in his dimension pocket, but they were sufficient as meals for Gluttony.

The quality wasn’t high, but the amount of magic power which could be absorbed from this amount of artifacts was considerable.

First of all, Theo approached the shelf containing the defective goods and raised his left hand.

“Then I will start.”

Unlike genuine products which might have a hidden value, a defective product was useless. Their own value was to be eaten and converted into magic power. With a single command of ‘Eat,’ the tongue emerged from Theo’s left hand and started sweeping through the store.

Woorururu… With a blunt sound, the various objects disappeared into Gluttony’s mouth. Regardless of size, it swallowed everything into its mouth. The dozens of defective products disappeared, and the floor was quickly exposed.

Dozens of voices were heard until they were cut off after a few minutes.

[……]

[It will take approximately 31 minutes and 14 seconds to fully digest.]

With the release of the 3rd seal, Gluttony’s abilities had improved. The previous digestion time which had been over an hour was now reduced to only 30 minutes. However, this meant it wasn’t difficult to absorb all the things piled up in the store.

Vince let out a cry of admiration as Theo stood before an empty shelf. “…It is amazing when I think about it. Converting the artifact into the user’s magic power is a really amazing feature.”

“I don’t know what the principle behind it is.”

“If you find out, then the magic prowess of humanity will advance a few steps.”

It was as Vince said. The grimoire was a foreign object to modern humans. How it worked and the reason why it existed was a mystery. This wasn’t a problem for the two of them to worry about.

Theodore walked past the empty shelf to another corner filled with objects. This was just the beginning of Gluttony’s meal time.

***