Chapter 121

Crossing The Wilderness #1

Meanwhile, the city of Mana-vil bustled with life as news of the exchange between Meltor and Elvenheim spread throughout the city.

Among them, the busiest people were the merchants from large trading companies. They were better than anyone else at sniffing out the money and didn’t miss this opportunity. Some would say it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance at a jackpot.

One of Meltor’s largest trading companies, Polonell thought the same. ‘If we pick things up properly, then we can live well.’

However, the boss of Polonell wasn’t greedy. The magic towers and even the high ranking nobles knew that the merchants would be drooling and lingering for rights.

Therefore, he picked the next best thing. This time, it was to obtain a large amount of raw materials, since the export of artifacts and goods was going to become three times larger. He would then supply the artifacts and goods to the Magic Society. The bonus was that he could gain extra money as well as a good relationship with the magic towers.

As a result, the top company, Polonell, was able to start a procession heading toward the Central Continent faster than anyone else.

Dagadak, dagadak. The carriages made an upbeat sound as they moved quickly down a road.

Normally, they would be moving slower due to carrying a lot of baggage, but the purpose of this procession was to import raw materials quickly. For that reason, there wasn’t as much baggage, and the carriages moved faster than usual.

Furthermore, the carriages they were riding weren’t ordinary. It was the carriage Theodore had borrowed when he went home, the express carriage which hadn’t been commercialized yet.

In the second carriage from the front, a middle-aged man laughed excitedly as he said, “Hahaha! Magician, you are lucky that you joined!”

He was a man with bushy hair, giving him the impression of a bear. That’s why he was actually called ‘Bear.’ Bear was an experienced merchant who rejected the general preconceived notion that merchants resembled snakes or foxes.

The brown-haired young man sitting in front of Bear raised his eyes. “Lucky?”

“Yes!” Bear nodded without hesitation. “Didn’t you just join on the departure date, yet you get to ride an express wagon like this? We weren’t able to hire a magician to accompany us because it was such a sudden trip, so it is really lucky that our paths crossed like this!”

“Ah, that might be so.”

“Additionally, you’re the junior of the hero, Theodore Miller. Isn’t this a good relationship?”

Theodore Miller also felt lucky as he laughed inwardly at Bear’s words. Using his own name as a recommendation was working well.

That’s right. The brown-haired young man with hair which was brown, instead of black, and eyes which were blue, instead of green, was actually Theodore Miller. It would be difficult to find people who recognized him now because his face was different.

While feeling a sense of incongruity from looking at a face of a stranger, Theo recalled the information of the necklace hidden behind his clothes.

[+6 Who am I? (Accessory)]

[-An artifact created from an unknown failure. This artifact in the form of a necklace can circumvent the perceptions of others by subtly changing the wearer’s appearance. It shows its abilities regardless of the user’s will, and once the magic is released, the medium will be destroyed immediately. It can defend against magical insight, but it can’t conceal the fact that the user is ‘hiding.’