Chapter 51

Uh, This Is Eating? #3

'Dimension pocket... It is an item I borrowed from Master, but I don't have the means to spare it in this situation.'

If it entered Gluttony's mouth, then it wouldn't be considered as lost or sold. Just like the magic books, the devoured dimension pocket would leave no traces. He could use the excuse that it was destroyed during the battle with the elder lich.

However, if he missed eating the grimoire here, it was clear that a second or third Giovanni would appear.

In barely two months, a 5th Circle magician had been transformed into a 6th Circle elder lich. If given half a year or a year, a legendary undead like an arch lich might be born. At the scale, it was a disaster which would need to be dealt with by the continent, not one single kingdom.

More than anything else, Theo couldn't feel assured that the grimoire wouldn't have a grudge against his existence. He thought for a moment before making a firm decision. "...Gluttony."

-What?

"What will happen to the contents of the dimension pocket if it is eaten?"

Gluttony then replied with a pleased voice,

-There is no need to worry. They won't disappear.

"It is an ambiguous answer... but, hoo... it can't be helped."

Theo put the dimension pocket on the ground. It was still hard to believe that the pocket made of ragged cloth and tattered strings was worth hundreds of gold. It was a tremendous luxury which would be the target of any thieves.

Theodore hesitated once more before letting the artifact worth hundreds of gold be eaten. "Now, eat."

The tongue swallowed the dimension pocket before Theo even finished speaking.

[The 'dimension pocket' has been eaten. Error! An unknown phenomenon has occurred due to eating a dimension magic essence!]

[A hidden function of Gluttony has been discovered. The user should check the information about the function. This function will work normally regardless of the rank.]

[Grimoire "Gluttony"/ E Rank]

[One of the hidden functions of Gluttony has been opened after eating the dimension pocket. The grimoire Gluttony has a storage space to store the prey that it can't digest. The previous owners kept their possessions in it and called it 'Inventory.' If the owner wants, the name can be changed.

* Incomplete state. Most of the functions are sealed.

* Once a day, it will wake up to relieve its hunger.

* Immediately after relieving its hunger, it will answer one question.

* The abilities it feeds on will be given to its owner.

* Extracts an essence from eaten books or items. The higher the owner's understanding, the greater the efficiency.

* Absorbs some magic power from an item that contains magic power.

* The Memorize function has been activated.

* The Inventory function has been activated.]

Theo looked at the information quietly before opening his mouth to say, "Inventory... a type of space storage. If it has the same function as the dimension pocket, then it wouldn't have been necessary to eat it. You don't mean to push me to open one more function do you?"

-I don't do that type of thing, User.

It was a reasonable question, but Gluttony spoke in a low voice like it was scowling. It seemed like Gluttony was dissatisfied about being compared to a mere artifact. Then that meant the dimension pocket must lag behind the 'inventory' and couldn't be compared to Gluttony.