Chapter 120

Book Eating Magician #3

Kurt III had taken the throne with the support of all the magic towers, led by the great magician Blundell. When Kurt III was crowned, he had been but a puppet king of the Magic Society in many ways. He had been merely 20 when he reached the throne of the magic kingdom and jumped directly onto the battlefield against the Andras Empire.

After decades of washing away blood, the boy king had grown into a king with sober eyes. He used strong soldiers and a system of reward and punishment. His rule absolutely adhered to these two principles, and the kingdom had now reached its greatest heyday since its founding.

He was a ruler who stuck to these principles but didn’t forget to understand the ecology of magicians and that he could be flexible. This was the ideal ruler for the current Meltor Kingdom, Kurt III.

Theodore had grown up knowing about Kurt III’s achievements.

‘If they persuade him with proper logic and rationales, he will listen to the words of a person below him.’

Then the problems which Theodore needed to solve was narrowed down to one. The question wasn’t how to persuade the king, but how to talk to the king alone. Theodore had some accomplishments which raised his status, but it was still difficult to meet the king personally. It was only possible for the tower masters and the top nobles of the kingdom.

However, his worries were for nothing as shortly thereafter, Kurt III asked Theodore to join him for dinner.

“Theodore, it is time.”

It was a place where other nobles or servants wouldn’t be present, so confidential matters could be discussed. Theodore, who wanted to avoid the attention of others as much as possible, accepted the invitation without hesitation. He had no idea that things would be resolved so easily.

Thanks to that, he opened the door with a much lighter heart.

“Yes, I’ll go straight away.”

The middle-aged man waiting for Theo was the one who had delivered Kurt III’s invitation. The royal chamberlain, Douglas, was a person who had risen from being a commoner to being the closest to the king. He was unusual as he gave off an impression that made people comfortable.

“I will guide you there. Ah, if your body feels uncomfortable…”

“It’s okay.”

“Then we will proceed as scheduled. Follow me please.”

Theo was a young man of a lower standing, but Douglas’ attitude didn’t shake at all. He didn’t care if Theo was a hero or young. Douglas just served with an attitude that didn’t mix in any personal feelings. This faithfulness to his duties was probably what had caught Kurt III’s eyes.

In any case, all the preparations were over.

“His Majesty is waiting inside.”

Douglas stopped in front of a gorgeously lavish guarded door. The patterns symbolizing the magic towers were harmoniously intertwined with the patterns symbolizing the royal family.

It meant that neither side was above or below the other and that they were both the pillars of the Meltor Kingdom. These patterns might be sensitive to some authoritarian nobles, but it made independent magicians feel a strong sense of belonging.

Beyond this, the man standing at the top of the Meltor Kingdom was waiting.

‘…Let’s go.’ Theodore placed his hand on the lavish door without shrinking back from nerves.