Chapter 39

Question And Answer #2

After hearing those words, Theo couldn’t hide the shocked expression on his face.

‘A hidden feature…?’

Over the past few months, he had tasted the value of the grimoire, Gluttony. There was the ‘eating’ which changed knowledge into proficiency through the eating of magic books. Theo could also gain ‘skills’ through eating rare artifacts as well as use ‘Memorize’ to store magic.

If there were artifacts capable of recreating just one of Gluttony’s abilities, it would be enough to instantly become the national treasure of a country. Yet, now, there was a condition to add another function to it? It was enough to overwhelm anyone.

–It seems like it is appetizing.

“I won’t deny that, but what is the catch?”

–No catch, I just want to help my user grow quickly.

Gluttony whined before continuing.

-The problem is the quality of the food. You’ve never fed me rare books except for [Ballistics Magic] and [Introduction to Elemental Magic]. Don’t just feed me commonplace books.

“The quality of the food…?”

-You might think I am greedy, but doesn’t it benefit you as well?

Certainly, he had experienced eating a ‘Rare’ grade magic book twice. However, there was a limit to how many original books were still roaming around the public.

[Ballistics Magic] had been obtained by coincidence, and [Introduction to Elemental Magic] had been thanks to Vince’s help. The books of applications from heroes in other fields weren’t things a student could covet.

However, if Gluttony’s words were true, then Theo had no reason to refuse.

‘In any case, I need to eat Rare books for my growth. If one hidden function is freed up in the process, then that is advantageous to me.’

The same was true even if the conditions to free it were absurd. Whether Gluttony released the hidden function or not was up to its will, so Theo could always give up if it was difficult. There was nothing to lose, only potential benefits to gain.

In the end, Theodore listened to Gluttony’s suggestion.

–The release condition for this function is simple. You can free it by eating something that exists around you.

“What is it?”

–It is just…

Theo’s eyebrows twitched as he heard the condition to free the hidden function.

‘…Why is it that?’

***

Some time passed by.

Vince, who had been in a trance for a while, opened his eyes slowly. His blue eyes glowed for a moment, but the glow soon began to fade. It was a phenomenon caused by the new 6th Circle stabilizing in his body.

“Huuuu…”

A soft sigh emerged from Vince’s lips, and Theo realized Vince was awake.

“Congratulations on your 6th Circle Professor!”

“Thank you. It is all thanks to you,” Vince responded to the celebration in a sincere voice.

Vince had been stuck at the 5th Circle for more than a decade. If he hadn’t met Theodore and heard advice from Gluttony, he might’ve been stuck for many more years. No, would it have just been be a few years? Some magicians were fated not to cross the wall until death. For Vince Haidel, his relationship with Theo might have been his only chance.