Chapter 95

State Guest Of Elvenheim #1

The magic kingdom, Meltor, had more magicians than any other country on the northern continent, and each magic tower acted as an axis. This magic system they had which integrated with science could be called the root of Meltor’s prosperity. Compared to the combat focused aura, magic was an all-rounder versatility, allowing Meltor to rival the Andras Empire despite their scarcer land and resources.

However, there was one area which magicians avoided which was politics, where schemes and deceit abounded.

‘I was called for a political reason.’

Theodore looked at himself in the mirror as he dressed in the now familiar robe.

Magicians were used to wearing robes on the outside, but the minor ornaments and complicated fabric didn’t fit Theo’s tastes. Did it have to take a few minutes to get dressed? If it wasn’t because of etiquette, he would’ve just worn the robe over his casual clothes.

“Well, this is enough.”

He tied the last knot and pulled the cord hanging from the ceiling.

Rattle!

Then an attendant entered the room like he had been waiting. His keen eyes examined Theo’s clothing quickly. By default, an immature young man wouldn’t know all of the court etiquette.

If Theo made a mistake, then the attendant wouldn’t be able to avoid responsibility. Theo had refused his help and said he was going to dress by himself. However, the attendant could see that Theo’s clothing was completely perfect.

“…Theodore, I will guide you to the audience room.”

At first, the attendant was surprised, but he then remembered that the person in front of him was a noble and regained his composure. It was both true and false, but the man was able to keep calm by making his own excuses. The Miller family was now a great noble family.

Theodore didn’t know about the assumptions the attendant was making and walked through the corridors of the palace he was now familiar with. It was the path he had walked when he had been called half a year ago, and he still remembered where the statues were located. Frankly, he could walk without the help of the guide. Apart from restricted areas, he could make a map of everything else. It was an ability separate from ordinary magicians.

“Theodore.”

“Oh, we’ve arrived.”

They had arrived while he was pondering. The door, on which an eagle was engraved, was the area where the king presided. The eagle was a mark given only to some areas, including the audience room.

In contrast, the important areas of the magic towers were marked with animals known for their wisdom. Did the tower masters have a turtle or an owl? Theo would find out at a later date as the door was currently opening.

Kkiiik…

It wasn’t a very loud sound. Maybe it was because it was well greased, but the noise was soft for such a heavy door. Still, the heavy silence inside the room made it seem like a loud sound, and all eyes focused on the one who opened the door—Theo.

Theodore stiffened as he faced dozen of eyes.

‘What, why is the mood like this today?’

Theo had certainly become a celebrity in his own way, but he wasn’t special when compared to some of those gathered here. It was a place where the real power of Meltor had convened. Anyone he picked out would be a high ranking noble or court official.