Chapter 13

Here Comes The Mutiny #1

The two months winter vacation was coming to an end.

The students, who had gone home, gradually began to return, while the professors were already preparing the class materials. The campus, which had been empty and cold, soon regained its usual warmth.

However, the wind was still chilly, so there weren’t many people outside. In the midst of that, one student was running around the campus grounds.

“Pant…! Pant…!”

Theo heaved as he moved around the grounds. This would be his 32nd lap. When he first started exercising, he couldn’t even do 10 laps. At least he hadn’t vomited up what he ate after the first day. He used the knowledge he had to exercise properly. His body, which he had trained systematically for two months, was gradually becoming more manly.

‘With this… 40!’

As soon as he completed his 45th lap, Theo fell to the ground instantly. It was the basic strengthening method of placing his palm against the floor and pushing up and down. He’d read in a book that it was a method the northern knights used.

As his arms trembled, Theo thought about why he was doing this. It started from when he accepted Alfred’s memories.

-From [Ballistics magic], the magic is an arrow and the magician is the bow. The magician not only needs to hone the magic but also to train the body.

In fact, he remembered that Alfred Bellontes’ body had been as conditioned as a knight’s. In particular, the arm which shot the Magic Missile had been like a log. It was clear that physical training was necessary to withstand the recoil and release of magic.

Since then, Theodore had added working out to his routine. He didn’t miss a day of running every morning, and he conditioned his muscles steadily. Although his body was fatigued and screaming with pain, Theo didn’t give in. Rather, he doubled his usual food intake and immersed himself in the training.

“1…90, 2…00!”

Theo fell down after fulfilling his quota.

Despite the fact that his forearms had thickened compared to two months ago, it was difficult to increase the amount he did everyday. This much training was possible because a magician’s body recovered faster than an average person. It couldn’t be compared to the knights who refined mana, but it was enough to allow him to not struggle to get out of bed the next day.

‘Uhh, this is why studying is the easiest part.’

It would be hard to find someone who agreed with him, but Theo was sincere in his own way. Since he’d been born, his memory had been good.

His active wear was sticky with sweat and his limbs were rubbery to the point where it was hard to stand up. Still, there was a sense of accomplishment like when he was studying magic, so he was able to endure for another day.

Every time he looked in the mirror, his appearance which was different from yesterday was a big motivation for Theo.

‘…Get up.’

Despite the sweat, his body was cold due to the chilly wind. It would be bad if he caught a cold. He got up and brushed away the dirt on his hands. Ordinary people would need to go to the bath, but Theo was different.

“Clean.”

With a simple spell, the dirt on his body was stripped away. Other students often ignored this method since they lived well, but Theodore understood the practicality. As the magic power wrapped around his body gently, he became cleaner than before.