Chapter 152

Along With The Dragon #5

Splash!

The moment Superbia sensed that this was an opponent it couldn’t face, it chose to run away without any hesitation.

As part of the Seven Sins, Pride aimed to be the culmination of all living things. For someone who pursued the peak of life, ‘survival’ was an absolute necessity. Due to that, it could throw away its pride.

As someone said, one’s will to survive was always strong.

While Superbia flew through the water, it muttered in order to soothe its wounded pride. –Don’t think that this is enough to win over me, Gluttony’s monkey! Your ability means you won’t be able to summon it for a long time. As soon as the dragon disappears, I will kill you!

Surprisingly, Superbia’s prediction was reasonable. Superbia’s intuition couldn’t be overlooked after existing for tens of thousands of years and experiencing countless battles with other grimoires, knights, and magicians.

It was like Superbia said. Without the special offering of ‘Charlotte’s Necklace,’ Theodore wouldn’t be able to summon Fafnir for even one second. The necklace, which contained the souls of a kingdom, allowed that primordial monster to be summoned for seven seconds at most.

Now, the time remaining for Fafnir was four seconds.

–Kuhuhu, let’s see if you can catch me with that huge body!

Superbia’s speed was staggeringly fast after shifting into many marine traits, as it managed to move hundreds of meters in a few seconds. Fafnir looked down at the surface of the water and chuckled in a mocking tone.

Speed and strategy, everything was meaningless before it.

『Obliterate.』

The fire dragon took a deep breath.

It took one second for the endless heat to converge. Then it took another second to process the converged heat into the form of a ray. Lastly, it took one second to check the position of the target and aim.

In the Age of Mythology, this was the breath which burned the original world trees, and even transcendents were reluctant to face it. The light, which was like a ‘laser,’ seemed to erase the world. Fafnir, Muspelheim’s incarnation, used the strongest means of attack available to it.

―――――――――――――!

It wasn’t a flame but a small supernova. The small supernova penetrated through the air resistance and pierced the surface of the sea faster than lightning. The seawater evaporated before the ray reached, and the water exploded from the heat, stirring up a small tsunami. This was merely the aftermath of the disaster…

And it only targeted one being.

–N-No…! This attack…!

As it split into hundreds—no, thousands of pieces in one second, Superbia’s senses warned it of absolute death.

It had stockpiled countless lives and amounts of energy, but this ray was outside of the norm. The destruction rate overwhelmed its regeneration speed, and the destructive power surpassed its accumulated energy.

Pride realized that it couldn’t survive and screamed.

–I, how can a monkey do this to me-!

It cried out before being erased by the ray.

-Kua…a…ahh…hhhhhh…!

After one or two seconds, Superbia’s terrible regenerative power soon reached its limit. All of the energy stored in its cells was exhausted. Once this function was stopped, there would be nothing left.