Chapter 31

Catch The Genius #2

After deciding to spend a large amount of money, Vince led Theodore out of the Magic Society building. Commercial activity was forbidden in the vicinity of the Magic Society since it was a research institute.

For this reason, the two of them quickly boarded a sky wagon as there was no better method of avoiding the crowds in Mana-vil. As soon as Vince got in the back seat, he said the name of their destination, “Please go to the commercial district. Sector D, area 27-2 is fine.”

Then as the sky wagon began to move, Vince turned toward where Theo was sitting. “What do you think is the most urgent thing you need to do?”

“…Reach the 4th Circle.”

“Definitely.” Vince nodded at Theo’s correct answer.

The circle was considered the most basic and important indicator of a magician’s abilities.

The number of circles wasn’t just limited to the amount of magic power. The more circles a magician had, the faster their magic power moved and the more complete the spell became. Even if the same procedure was used, a 5th Circle’s Magic Missile would be stronger than that of a 3rd Circle.

Sylvia was a genius of the Blue Tower Master, an opponent who would definitely have the advantage when it came to perfecting the magic.

However, didn’t Theo have an advantage when it came to experience? This meant he would have to use a shortcut to raise his odds, rather than filling the gap in other places. Fortunately, Gluttony’s ability meant he could speed up his growth.

‘I wish that I could go up to the 5th Circle if possible, but… it is impossible to reach the 5th Circle simply through accumulating magic power.’

If it were possible to reach the 5th Circle in that way, anyone with money could become a 5th Circle magician.

Just like in an field, there was a limit which couldn’t be overcome by investing money in magic. This was the so-called ‘wall’ which had to be overcome through their own research and enlightenment.

Therefore, Theodore couldn’t escape from this fundamental principle despite possessing Gluttony.

Vince looked down at Mana-vil and said with a confident expression, “This time, there will be many good items in the commercial district. There will be plenty of items that will be able to help you.”

* * *

Rattle! A cheerful bell sound rang out.

A bell had been placed at the front door to signal of any visitors.

After hearing the sound, the owner, Fred, raised himself up at the counter. This was a busy time for tourists, but there was no big difference in the number of customers at high-end artifact stores. Since the prices were so high, it was burdensome to even enter.

Today, he had only had visitors, so he couldn’t help having no strength in his voice. “Welcome-”

However, his helpless attitude disappeared the moment he confirmed Vince’s attire. Since Fred first opened his store in Mana-vil, he had seen thousands of magicians and artifacts. A person in a magician’s robe always had the smell of money around them.

However, Fred’s sense of smell shook for the first time in many years.

‘The Red Tower, and also… a Superior rank…! From his gait, he looks like a war magician. There are no artifacts on his body, and is the person accompanying him the disciple? Maybe I can get two servings.’