Chapter 69

High Elf Ellenoa #3

It was a bit late due to the dinner party with Earl Bergen, but the moon was still in the middle of the sky. Perhaps there was still some time until midnight. It wouldn’t be a problem to have a quick conversation in the room where Ellenoa was staying.

Theodore asked for Vince’s understanding before turning around.

“Then, guide me.”

To anyone looking at Theo right now, it would seem like he was speaking to no one. However, he had the ability to see what ordinary people couldn’t see. This was a power which elves were born with—eyes which could see elementals. It was a translucent bird-shaped elemental which conveyed Ellenoa’s voice to him.

The bird-shaped elemental was the low class elemental, Sylph, seen in [Introduction to Elemental Magic]. The wind attribute was convenient for conveying ‘sound’, so sylphs were often used as messengers.

Porong.

The sylph might not have a clear ego like Mitra, but the sparrow like elemental nodded and sped off. It flew a few steps ahead of Theodore. Unlike ordinary birds, it didn’t need to flap its wings to prevent themselves from falling. This was because the body of the sylph was closer to a spirit body.

‘By the way, this mansion is really wide.’

It would never run out of room for guests. Theo realized this fact directly as the sylph only led him around five corners and yet the number of rooms he passed was already in the double digits. He walked for almost 10 minutes before arriving at the annex where Ellenoa was located.

If an earl’s house was like this, he didn’t want to know what type of maze the house of a marquis or duke would be.

Theodore stopped in front of the door and stroked the sylph. “Thanks for guiding me.”

Pororong. Perhaps due to its mood, the sylph let out a pleasant sound before disappearing into the air.

Originally, elementals were invisible to human eyes. Once the supply of magic power was cut off, it would melt back into nature. Lower class elementals were different from the higher class elementals who had independent existences and were nothing like breezes in fields.

At that moment, a clear voice rang out from beyond the door, “Come in.”

Theodore turned the doorknob and was hit with a thick, sweet scent. It was the smell of ripe fruit. He had only eaten it a few times, but the fragrance still remained in his memories. Theodore’s expression was a stunned one as he saw the sight beyond the door. Ellenoa’s room completely defied common sense.

“…Grapevines?” He spoke in a bemused voice as he touched the grapevines covering the wall.

It was a thick vine which was hard to see even in proper orchards. What about the grapes hanging from the vines? Each one was as big as a walnut. Even though he didn’t eat the grapes, he could already feel the sweetness of the juice contained within them. This was a sight which was impossible to imagine existing in the room of a nobleman’s mansion.

Ellenoa sat in the center of the green room. “Good evening Theodore.”

She was like a flower or leaf which blended perfectly in with this far-fetched landscape. There were a few potted plants at her feet and grapevines surrounding her. Theo was observing the strange sight and replied belatedly, “Ah, good evening.”

“Are you curious? I planted the seeds of the grapes that I had for dinner. Would you like to try one?”

‘These vines grew from a grape seed planted in the evening?’ The stunned Theo picked a grape and ate it.