Chapter 38

Question And Answer #1

Due to Gluttony’s hungry status, Theo first picked out two books. As soon as he put the books on the bedspread and aimed his left hand in that direction, the hungry tongue quickly swallowed the two books.

[‘Power of Sand and Wind’ has been consumed. Your understanding is very high.]

[4th Circle magic ‘Sandstorm’ has been learned.]

[‘Surviving in Cold Weather’ has been consumed. Your understanding is very high.]

[3rd Circle magic ‘Resist Cold’ has been learned.]

The books Gluttony had ate today were on the magics, Sandstorm, which was required in a desert, and Resist Cold, which was needed in a cold area. Gluttony fed on two books and quickly sent their knowledge to Theodore.

“Huuuu…”

The sensation of two magic spells entering Theo’s brain was still strange. Above all, 4th Circle magic contained quite a lot of information. Theo took a deep breath to calm the aftermath, then he opened his eyes.

At the same time, Gluttony started speaking,

-Two books, it seems like you have a question to ask today.

‘Why is there a sense of discomfort?’ Theodore wondered before realizing that Gluttony’s tone had changed.

The speech, which used to be cut off, now sounded like a normal person. Wondering why the change had happened, Theo asked, “You… Hasn’t your way of talking changed?”

–Hrmm?

“Before… you would break off from what you were saying.”

Gluttony snorted and responded,

–It is because you have fed me a large number of artifacts recently. It isn’t enough to unseal the next stage, but it did recover my voice.

“…There was such a function.”

–It is just retrieving my original function. Or did you think I normally spoke like that?

Now that it had recovered its voice, Gluttony talked with more pride than before. Feeding it books would cause it to grow faster, while it almost vomited when Theo fed it cheap artifacts. If he continued listening, this might continue for days, so Theo interrupted Gluttony. “Wait, I’d like to ask you one more thing.”

Gluttony stopped talking and then asked,

–Aren’t you slow?

“Huh?”

–I answered your question already. Isn’t the question regarding why my way of talking changed?

Theo’s expression grew distorted. It would only be a one-day wait, but anyone would be frustrated at wasting all that preparation time. However, that frustration soon changed to irritation.

–It is a joke.

“…What?

–Don’t you know? Jokes are words meant to cause amusements…

“No, I know what a joke is!”

To think that Gluttony was someone who could play around like this… The grimoire really was a strange creature. The main story hadn’t even started, but Theo was already exhausted. He sighed a few times before opening his mouth to speak again. Fortunately, the previous question hadn’t counted as a question for an answer.

“Can I transfer my right to ask a question to others?”

Gluttony made an interested noise.

–Hoh, how interesting.