Chapter 71

Convoy From The Capital #1

For the next two days, Theodore stayed at the residence of Earl Bergen and focused on deepening his connection with Mitra. There was a lot of information flowing from her after she evolved to the level of a lieutenant. It wasn’t to the extent that Theo couldn’t withstand it, but an adjustment period was needed. It was his routine to play with Mitra anyway.

While watching Theo, Vince opened his mouth and said, “Elementalists have trained for more than 10 years to call lieutenant level elementals… The meeting with the high elf is a huge opportunity for you.”

As he said, a lieutenant level elemental wasn’t something easily gained.

For magicians of the 4th Circle and above, a lieutenant elemental was the exclusive possession of elementalists who had gone beyond the beginner level. An elementalist in contract with a lieutenant elemental would gain the power and resistance of the attribute, and could borrow the power at will without asking the elemental.

That was just like Theodore, who was playing with Mitra.

[Midra?]

“Yes, Mitra.”

A little girl-shaped doll sprang from the ground when he pointed. The doll resembled Mitra, causing the real Mitra to tilt her head with curiosity.

Mitra watched the doll with a bewildered expression before laughing and hugging it. [Fwen!]

‘Is she asking if it’s a friend?’

Mitra liked the doll and locked arms with it.

Theo adjusted the doll to match her timing, which was a form of training for him in controlling the earth. It felt like nature was an extension of his hands and feet. Ordinary magicians couldn’t feel it, but it would obviously be a big help down the path.

Maybe this was a chance for him to jump over the ‘wall’ of the 6th Circle.

‘…My magic sensitivity is definitely more than it was a few days ago. Maybe now I can use 5th Circle magic continuously?’

On average, the magic that a magician could use immediately was about half of their current circles. 4th Circle magicians could cast 2nd Circle magic instantly, while depending on their abilities, some 5th Circle magicians could cast 3rd Circle magic immediately. Only a few geniuses born with a lot of sensitivity and great calculating ability could climb to a higher level.

It was limited but Theodore had stepped into that area.

Seeing Theo’s growth, Vince had a gentle expression, but he then frowned suddenly. It was because the last blow from he received the Janissary was causing his body to throb with pain again. It took time for a wound from a master-class aura to heal, even if he used expensive healing potions.

“Master, your wounds are still…?”

“Uhh, it is taking longer than I thought. It has improved a lot though.”

Theodore smiled bitterly. Vince’s injury weighed heavily on his chest, despite not being responsible for it. He had requested for Ellenoa to heal him, but she had shaken her head the moment she saw Vince’s wound.

–The perpetrator’s willpower contained in it is too strong. My abilities can only cure the wounds of the flesh, meaning I can’t heal it before this willpower disappears.

–Then what should he do?

–It will naturally heal over time. Or he can get the blessing of a high priest.

However, it was difficult to find a high priest in Meltor, since it was a kingdom which denied the existence of religion.

It was a wound which would heal in a month, so Vince chose to rest in Bergen. He didn’t want to hold his disciple back due to his own mistake. Anyway, he had experienced this type of injury many times.