Chapter 52

The Voices Calling Him #1

A few days later…

‘Today is the fourth day, and there will be some time for the next three days.’

After finishing his mission, Theodore sent word to the Magic Society the next day. The procedure was to report directly after returning, but in a serious situation like this, word should be sent first.

As soon as the news was heard, it was clear that a senior investigator from Mana-vil would be sent to the Miller Barony. Theo assumed the person would arrive in three days if they rode a limited express carriage like Theo.

Until then, he needed to calm his unstable circles.

Wuuuong…

While Theo focused his mind, he was sweating. The bed sheet grew damp with his sweat. He had spent almost half a day in meditation, but the shaking 5th Circle in his body showed no signs of stopping.

The 5th Circle, which had generated from eating the Life Vessel, was quite unstable since it hadn’t been reached through the normal process.

“…Hoo, there seems to be discrimination against taking shortcuts.” Theo closed his circles and grumbled as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

Still, it was fortunate that they had become more stable over time. Circles were mandatory for magicians, and they were also another organ fused onto the heart. The movement of unstable circles was no different from a heart disease which could cause life-threatening situations.

As a result, a fortnight hadn’t even passed since Theodore jumped to the next circle.

‘Grimoires are really absurd.’

The same was true for ‘Death’s Worship.’ Giovanni was a magician who had just entered the 5th Circle. He was a man who had been jealous of Sylvia’s accomplishment and had been turned into an elder lich in two months. In retrospect, reaching the 5th Circle wasn’t that great.

“How can I tell Master about this…?” Theo thought about this as he left his room and approached the living room.

His father gestured to him from where he was chewing bread at the table. Thanks to the disappearance of the undead, his father’s face seemed calmer than usual.

“My eldest son has woken up. Did you sleep well last night?”

“Yes, Father.”

“I don’t have a lot to worry about now. A trustworthy son has come home. Hehehe!”

He was the noble of a village, but he wasn’t a fool. If Theo hadn’t come back, then Dennis couldn’t guess what the village would’ve been like. His son, who he thought was young, had ended up solving the problem.

Dennis didn’t know about magicians and the monster called the elder lich, but he knew one thing: he had raised his son well. Theo smiled at the voice which was filled with warmth.

“Cough. Father’s words are too much.”

“Oh, that reminds me about the child called Sylvia.”

“Huh? Ah, yes.” Theo blinked as Sylvia’s name appeared.

He wasn’t sure what his father was going to say, so he couldn’t help waiting nervously. Fortunately, there was nothing to worry about.

“She went to the front gate as soon as she got up. I think someone came?”

“Who would come?”

“That child clearly said…”

Right now, it was around the time that his message would’ve reached the capital. Unless they rode a legendary pegasus, an investigator from the Magic Society wouldn’t have reached the Miller Barony.