Chapter 188

Uninvited Guest #1

The banquet, held in conjunction with the opening of the Magic Contest which took place once a year, finished successfully. Above all, the unexpected appearance of a high elf meant that people were able to receive an answer regarding the relationship between Meltor and Elvenheim.

The balance between the Northern powers was collapsing! If the people who came were just Edwin and Ellaim, they might’ve thought it was just a visit.

It was true that it had been hard to find elves since the founding of Elvenheim, but it wasn’t so rare that people doubted the existence of elves. In several countries at the Center, the elven slave trade still hadn’t disappeared. There were also tribes of elves who communicated with humans.

However, high elves were beyond that common sense. Those who saw the unfathomable beauty and power of life overflowing from the high elf couldn’t help admiring her. The woman was the guardian of the world tree, a high elf whose existence had been uncertain.

The appearance of Ellenoa, who was like royalty, was proof that Elvenheim sincerely wanted to build a relationship with Meltor.

“It seems like the forces in the North will be greatly overturned.”

“We should go home and watch the situation for a while.”

“Andras and Meltor, which one would be more advantageous to side with?”

“There are many variables in this generation. From the participation of Elvenheim to the appearance of a young hero…”

For the non-magicians and dignitaries from other countries, the Magic Contest was no longer of great interest. It was possible that the war in the North, which had lasted for 500 years, could finally end.

Regardless of whether it was the sword empire or the magic kingdom that won, the Central continent would be swept away by such changes.

Someone thought this deadlock would continue.

Someone else said that both places would be destroyed.

Another person thought that Meltor would win.

Yet another thought that Andras would win.

People gathered and imagined the future. The future of the Northern continent, during the next few decades, would depend on how the key figures of this era acted.

* * *

The day after the noisy banquet, Quattro was divided toward the north, south, east, and west in order to guard the area where the Elvenheim delegation was staying.

Of course, the guard duty wasn’t a big deal. Aside from them, there were dozens of veteran war mages stationed at the boundaries. They would be able to cope with any attack, even if the knights of Andras fell from the sky.

After all, even the tower masters were guarding this place.

Including Theodore and the two guardians, there were seven masters. No, if he included the Magic Society’s chairman, there were eight. In such a situation, anyone would be torn apart if they tried to aim for Ellenoa, even if the opponent was one of the empire’s Seven Swords.

Thanks to that, Theodore was able to think about last night’s confession.

[Yes, he is right in front of me.]

Ellenoa’s warm smile, like sunshine.

[I have been longing for you.]

The voice which was like drops of dew at dawn could still be heard in his ears.