Chapter 150

Along With The Dragon #3

Superbia, who had been hit by Theodore’s Thunderbolt, was quicker to recover than Aquilo. The majority of the traits Pride had armed itself with were still unknown, but its red eyeball blazed angrily.

This was already the second time. Pride recovered its flesh and started growling.

–You again, Monkey.

The air was tense, but Theodore just looked over with a nonchalant expression.

“Hah, it is so funny.”

–What?

“You are the one who fled, and now you’ve come back. Once again, I should be the one saying that, not you.”

At those words, the thick ice beneath Superbia’s feet broke. Superbia lost control of its strength for a moment, crushing the thick ice floor. This was ‘Pride’ of the Seven Sins, so Theo provoked its arrogance by mentioning that it had fled in the past.

Unsurprisingly, Superbia’s dozens of eyes were now all concentrated on Theodore, not Aquilo.

–Pretentious monkey! The loser on that day was you, not me! If that female monkey hadn’t come, your body would’ve become part of me by now!

An intense fury swept over Theo, but unlike in the past, he wasn’t shaken this time. No, he looked at Superbia with cold ridicule.

“Do you think there is any point discussing ‘what if’? You might boast about all the species you’ve usurped, but in the end, you are just a weak chimera.”

–…You.

Once water boiled over, there would be nothing left. Likewise, the monster’s patience had run dry.

It changed from an underwater form to one suitable to fight on land. The kraken’s eight tentacles turned into thick and tough horse legs. Its skin resembled a hard shell, and the fins became several layers of wings. Oddly enough, the form was very similar to the one Theodore had faced in the past.

A centaur’s lower body, a storm locust’s wings, and a spriggan’s acceleration ability…

After restructuring itself with these features, Pride declared in a mocking voice, –Don’t think this is the same as last time. You are no different from the gravel on the street.

“Your brain is worse than I thought.” Despite the warning from his senses, Theodore raised his finger and gestured for Superbia to come near. “Do you understand what I am saying? Don’t think I will let you flee like last time.”

-…How impertinent!

Finally, Superbia’s patience broke, and it ran across the frozen ground with a loud cry. In response, the ground cracked like a spider web. Superbia’s assertion that it was different from last time seemed to be true, as its acceleration exceeded Theodore’s reaction time.

There was no room to evade, and blocking it would cause serious injuries. In this crisis situation, Theodore accepted the fearful blow without any defenses.

-What?!

However, Superbia was the one who received a surprise. Theodore’s defenseless body turned semi-transparent, and the attack passed through it!

Kakang!

At that moment, Randolph wielded his two falchions and aimed at Superbia. It was his trademark high-speed attack. In other words, it aligned with the saying that there were always gaps in the defense to exploit.

‘Clovis Two Swords Style.

Special Hidden Meaning Technique.

Thunder Claws.’