Chapter 178

Eye Of The Storm #2

The moment she spoke, a cold wind started blowing. Apart from the lethal force that the magic implied, the phenomenon which occurred was unbelievably beautiful. It was a glorious silver storm!

The white, snowflake-like particles glittered like crystals as they froze. Even a human with a strong vitality wouldn’t be able to survive. Theodore would become an ice statue before he could even feel the cold.

“…This… Isn’t it really amazing?” Theodore marveled at Sylvia’s genius.

‘Using Blizzard and then the technique of Frozen Orb to compress the frost… There are at least five types of ice-making procedures being used in combination to create this… It would be difficult even for a Prime of the Blue Tower to do.’

This was a unique magic, but Sylvia had not designed or developed it. She had just combined existing magic formulas in a way that no one else had tried. It was similar to the magic fusion theory which Theodore had used to develop Volcanic Shell, but a few steps further.

Sylvia’s ‘Diamond Dust’ overtook decades of research. It wasn’t in the 7th Circle, but it was a magic which surpassed the 6th Circle! After Sylvia shouted ‘Diamond Dust,’ she pointed her shaking staff at Theodore and exclaimed, “Go…!”

The storm swirling above her staff followed her command. The movement of the high-density magic power condensed into a vortex which could be seen even by a person who didn’t learn magic. Then it descended from the air toward the ground.

This storm which could freeze flesh and muscles descended toward Theodore, and—

Nothing happened.

Kurururung!

Theodore stayed still as Diamond Dust descended toward him, but he didn’t even use defense magic.

“T-Theo…?!” A sharp scream burst from Sylvia’s mouth.

It was a magic which a sword master couldn’t be safe against when defenseless, and yet Theodore was defenseless?

Sylvia wanted to be acknowledged by Theodore, not kill him. Therefore, she received a huge shock. However, ironically, her legs didn’t collapse because of her thorough training over the last year.

Unlike the robustness of her body, her face was pale white. The moment her mind was about to collapse like a perforated dam…

Puhwaak!

A red robe emerged from the storm. Theodore took off the robe, which was decorated with frost and icicles, and ran toward Sylvia. Unlike Sylvia, Theodore had calmly grasped the situation a while ago.

‘This is a power that can only be called a foul.’

It was the Artificial Yin and Yang. Half of it was supported by Aquilo’s Blood Mark, and the power derived from it was a natural enemy of water magicians.

[* Understanding of water magic and fire magic has greatly increased, reducing the casting time of magic. Ignores attribute damage that is below the user’s level, and halves it if it exceeds the user’s level.]

Sylvia’s unique magic was definitely amazing. ‘Diamond Dust’ was perhaps the best magic which could be achieved by a magician who hadn’t reached the master level, as it was in the boundary between 6th and 7th Circle magic.

Even a 7th Circle magician like Theodore had to be careful against it. He admired Sylvia’s talents and efforts which had created such a unique magic.

The problem was that the target of the magic was Theodore.

It might be different when using magic to mobilize physical force, like the old Liquid Snake. However, the pure water magic phenomenon was blocked by the water resistance in Aquilo’s Blood Mark. No matter how comparable to 7th Circle magic it was, Diamond Dust wasn’t a 7th Circle magic.