Chapter 49

Uh, This Is Eating? #1

It was truly a prideful declaration. The elder lich’s appearance of black robes cloaked in darkness made resembled a reaper leading the living to death. An ordinary person would panic if they heard those words.

“Ha, you bark well!”

“Who do you want to take on, Theo?”

However, the three people weren’t overwhelmed by the elder lich. It was a top ranking opponent who could use 6th Circle black magic, but they weren’t weak either. They had an expert aiming to become a sword master, the disciple of the Blue Tower Master, and the owner of a grimoire. In regards to their combat strength, there was no reason for them to be incapable of defeating a necromancer.

Randolph raised his two swords, while frost emerged from the end of Sylvia’s staff. The three people instantly got into their fighting postures as the momentum of the elder lich’s attack hit them.

Wuooooong!

They stiffened! Neither side was pushed back, so the boundary between them didn’t break. It meant that the three people were equal in power to the elder lich. No, they were slightly ahead in some ways. The three people had the benefits of a three-in-one combination, while the elder lich would have to deal with them coming at him from all sides.

The elder lich floating in the air realized that he was at a disadvantage. [Hrmm…it will be hard to adapt to your trivial power in this unfamiliar body.]

However, his voice still sounded confident. [Experiment… You have a unique power, but in the end, you are a 4th Circle magician… I’ll deal with you later.]

As the words struck Theo with a wave of nervousness, the elder lich suddenly pointed his finger at Theo, and a dreadful magic power streamed from the end of his bony finger.

[Disappear!]

“What―?” Theo’s figure disappeared without even a crack in the air.

“Theo?!”

“Employer!”

Confused, Sylvia and Randolph turned to look at the place where Theo had disappeared from, but he never returned. Sylvia cried out as she belatedly noticed what the elder lich had done. It was a magic which someone who had just entered the 6th Circle couldn’t learn without great difficulty, but the opponent had succeeded easily.

“Space Transformation…!”

[That’s right.] The elder lich, who had broken the balance of power with a single magic, spoke in an even more relaxed manner. [This cave is already in my hands… Didn’t I say that? You missed out on your opportunity to beat me. While lamenting your fate, be reborn as my servant…!]

Simultaneously, the shape of a man rose from a shadow on the ground.

Wearing broken armour and an old-fashioned helmet, the knight shone with a red light. A great knight had clearly been produced. Anyone would feel a sense of intimidation from the presence of the skull knight.

Most of all, Randolph’s eyes were drawn to the two swords it was holding.

“…It can’t be!”

The pattern of howling wolves on the swords showed they were the heirloom swords lost more than 100 years ago. The horizontal stance of the arms was also familiar. Randolph’s eyes were blank for a moment before anger started to boil inside them. “Kill… I’ll kill you no matter what!”

[Hoh? Do you think you can beat the blades your ancestor couldn’t?]

“That doesn’t matter,” Randolph spoke curtly and took his position.