Chapter 105

Exotic Guests #3

For the next few days, the group made their own away around the peaceful elf city. Some went into the forest to collect samples of soil and vegetation, while others got samples from streams or lakes.

Meanwhile, there were quite a few people who stayed to listen to the stories of the elves in the city. Right now, elves were hard to find in the human world. So, the kingdom itself was overflowing with many valuable things to study.

There were only two people who didn’t move from their rooms. They were the representatives of Meltor, White Tower Master Orta and Theodore Miller.

‘Is today already the fourth day?’

Perhaps it was because they had arrived too soon, but Elvenheim wasn’t ready to meet them. The elves would send a guide when they were ready, so the delegation just needed to wait. Furthermore, the elves’ sense of time was several times slower than that of humans.

Theo looked at the forest outside his window and muttered the name of the legend ranked grimoire, “…Laevateinn.”

It was a grimoire of flames which had ended the Age of Mythology thousands of years ago. According to Gluttony, the fire had burned all the world trees growing above the clouds and destroyed the Arv. If this was true, ‘Laevateinn’ was almost like a disaster to the elves, and it would definitely hit Elvenheim.

‘No matter what happens, it won’t end moderately.’

The grimoire was aiming for the world tree. It wasn’t a position where they could talk about coexistence. Both sides would fight until one was completely gone. Theodore was intent on conserving his strength until the omens appeared. There was nothing more foolish than consuming power and then not being able to use it at important times.

At this moment, someone banged on his door. “Excuse me. Theodore, are you in the room?”

“Yes, I am.”

Theo opened the door, and an elf bowed politely as a greeting. From his accessories and clothing, the elf seemed to be a highly-ranked one. The middle-aged elf proclaimed himself as Theo’s guide, and the news the delegation had been waiting a few days for had finally arrived.

“Please tell me when you are ready. The parent’s dancers have called you.”

* * *

The delegation members who had scattered everywhere gathered instantly. Naturally, they had many questions, but they were reluctant to ask the guide in case they would be seen as rude. During times like these, it was the role of the delegation leader to step forward and resolve any questions.

So, Theodore asked the guide who was leading them, “Do we just have to keep walking like this?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“The destination is dozens of kilometers from here?”

“Yes, that is correct.”

There were question marks above the heads of the delegation members who heard the answers. Why were the number of questions growing instead of reducing? Moreover, the guests were going to have to walk dozens of kilometers…?

However, when the guide saw their puzzled facial expressions, his only reply was a meaningful smile. Thus, they walked 10 minutes without knowing anything. Theodore and Orta were walking a few steps ahead of the rest when the guide suddenly stopped.

Before them was a fairly large knothole, enough for someone to enter without bending down. Oddly enough, the inside was so dark that even sunlight didn’t expose it.