Chapter 126

Life Is Timing #2

‘Commission!’

After hearing that, Theodore’s hard expression loosened slightly. The form of the commission had changed somewhat, but the power of the Information Guild could be useful in any situation.

This was the case even if it was the underground auction, which was a hidden specialty of the Kargas Kingdom. It was lucky that Theodore had the qualifications to enter, but if he hadn’t found this place, he might’ve missed the timing for it.

Above all, he liked Gibra’s honesty.

‘There was no need to talk about the auction, and he could’ve just accepted my commission. He could’ve made a lot of money, and I wouldn’t have received anything.’

This was the morality of a merchant, whether they were in the shade or the sunshine. There were those who treated it as the fault of the person who was stupid enough to be deceived. Even if Gibra stabbed Theodore in the back, there would be no way to make him take responsibility. Additionally, if he overwhelmed Gibra with force, it would just create another enemy.

Moreover, Gibra had pointed out frankly that Theo’s request wasn’t appropriate and taught him about the auction. It was evidence that he wouldn’t betray Theo for a few extra gold coins.

“First, I need to know about my employer’s foundation,” Gibra said.

Regardless of whether he knew Theodore’s feelings, the story began in a much softer atmosphere.

“Foundation?”

“Budget. Timing is very important, but in the end, the most powerful hand at an auction is money. If you have a thick wallet, you will win.”

“The budget…” Theodore thought for a moment before coming up with the answer. “Around 500 gold.”

“5-500? If you had come at the right time, you could’ve swept up all the original books in this kingdom. But with this, we can obtain plenty of books.”

“Then I’m glad.”

Theodore’s sense of money was a little strange, so he didn’t feel it. However, 500 gold was tough for anyone who wasn’t from a noble family to spend. Of course, 500 gold wasn’t all he had. The amount of money that Theodore had accumulated over this year was tremendous. It was to the extent that he could spare this much.

Gibra knocked against the table with a thick finger and opened his mouth, “…Then the budget isn’t the problem. Is there anything specific that you want? Or is it good as long as it is an original book?”

“That is good. You can exclude unnecessary items and secure as many original books as possible.”

“You want quantity over quality. Now I understand your policy.” Gibra nodded a few times before suddenly pulling out a map from the drawer.

The structure of Sipoto was revealed. Theodore hadn’t looked around the city yet, but the map had such a sophisticated bird’s eye view that he could know its structure in one glance. Gibra pointed to several places and explained, “The auction will take place in exactly three days, after sunset. And separate auctions are going to be held at each of the displayed places.”

“Separate… So, there isn’t just one auction house?”

“Yes. There are at least seven, and each auction house sells different goods. So, we have to know these things in advance.”

According to Gibra, the auctions of Kargas were held by renting out whole buildings in the north, south, east, and west.

The east sold weapons, the west sold clothing, the south sold accessories, while the north mostly auctioned goods not traded in the three areas mentioned above. Theodore’s original books belonged in the miscellaneous goods category.