Chapter 19

Outside The Academy #1

It had been a week since then.

"If you put the ingredients in the triangle drawn in the center of this magic circle and insert magic power-"

As always, the professor was standing in front of the chalkboard, giving an explanation on magic circles.

Theodore had already studied this three years ago. So, instead of wasting ink on writing down something meaningless, he was looking back on his conversation with Vince.

A relationship filled with trust had been established with Professor Vince, but Theo's routine didn't have any major changes. He still attended classes as a student and the fed Gluttony's hunger with library books.

However, he didn't have to worry about the aftermath now.

-In the future, submit a list of library books consumed on that day to me. There aren't any teaching staff managing the library, so it won't matter if I say that I am in charge.

Indeed, Vince was a professor at Bergen Academy, and his position was very different from Theodore, who was a repeat student. It wouldn't be difficult for Vince to supplement the library books which had been consumed.

No, there would be no shortage of money even if he bought out the whole library. As a 5th Circle master, he had the prospects and income of a senior magician.

Vince's face had also distorted when he heard that Theo had been visiting a black market trader.

-...I won't deny that it was a good method for you. But the black market is a much more dangerous place than you think. I would recommend that you don't go anymore.

-Even though I used the Geass Scroll?

-Yes. A Geass Scroll is just a forced pledge between you and the black market trader. It isn't uncommon to be caught in other places. The darkness of that world is deeper than what ordinary people know, and the black market trader is only at the entrance.

Professor Vince hadn't shown a single smile as he spoke. It was the face of a man who had looked into the darkness seriously and experienced the madness of that world. Facing such an expression, the only thing Theodore could do was nod quietly and retreat.

'Besides, there is no reason to go to the black market trader like before.'

If he needed artifacts to increase his magic power, he could get them through Professor Vince. The price of artifacts was relatively high, but it was cheaper compared to conventional magic reagents and the ratio of magic power was also excellent. Furthermore, there was the advantage of absorbing the magic skills.

That wasn't all. Theo looked at the visual information in his head again.

[Grimoire "Gluttony"/ E Rank]

[Skill: Magic Power Amplification, Attributes Affinity

One of the seals containing Gluttony's power has been removed. From now on, Gluttony can save a few spells and cast them freely. This ability can be further extended depending on the amount of magic power. The previous owner called this feature 'Memorize.' As the current owner, you can change the name if you want.

* Incomplete state. Most of the functions are sealed.

* Once a day, it will wake up to relieve its hunger.

* Immediately after relieving its hunger, it will answer one question.

* The abilities it feeds on will be given to its owner.

* Extracts an essence from eaten books or items. The higher the owner's understanding, the greater the efficiency.

* Absorbs some magic power from an item which contains magic power.