Chapter 113

World Tree’s Reward #2

Apart from that invitation, Theodore was forced to take a few days of rest.

Nobody had been killed or seriously injured in the fight against Laevateinn, but it had been a battle in which senior magicians over the 5th Circle had consumed most of their magic power in a short period of time. It was normal to feel physical fatigue, not to mention the burden on the circles. Only the Red Tower magicians, who were active elsewhere, weren’t affected.

Vince sat beside Theodore’s body and said with a smile, “It was unavoidable, but I can’t help feeling ashamed that I had it easier than my disciple.”

“Wasn’t it also difficult for Master?”

“It was nothing compared to what you went through.”

In the last battle, the Red Tower magicians had reluctantly been excluded. It was because the existence of fire magic would have been meaningless against the legend ranked grimoire, Laevateinn. Even the master level Veronica wouldn’t have been able to help, let alone 6th Circle magicians.

Therefore, Orta had instructed them to capture the group which brought Laevateinn into the Great Forest. The result was that the arsonists were properly captured.

The Red Tower magicians hadn’t even been able to fight properly! Their frustration at not participating in the historic fight exploded above the heads of the unlucky idiots. The arsonists had been blinded by money and ended up dealing with the war mages of the Red Tower, the famous elite troops of Meltor.

Of course, there were a few who had tried courageously to resist, but they were then turned into gruesome lumps of charcoal. ‘It was a worthless battle,’ Vince recalled.

“I’ve been thinking about it since then, and I think it is a good idea to combine magic of other attributes. At this age, I realized that I am still immature and there are many profound paths.”

“Ha, haha…”

Theo had no choice but to nod at this scene.

Vince had entered the 6th Circle in his 50s while studying ancient languages, and now he wanted to learn magic of other attributes? Theo wondered if Vince would only sleep three or four hours a day. Having a curious heart which didn’t know how to stop was also a trait of a magician.

At this moment, the two of them took the chance to have a private conversation. The serious conversations had taken place over a few nights, and now they were just waiting for people to come and get them.

Since the fight against Laevateinn, the elves had been preparing a ‘festival,’ along with the evacuated ents and dryads. It was something which those who were stuck in their rooms didn’t realize.

Not long afterwards, someone knocked on their door.

Edwin appeared at the door and spoke while bowing, “As my parents have ordered, I have come to collect the both of you.”

* * *

Like the last meeting, the elves guided the whole group at once. However, the difference from that time was Edwin’s attitude toward the delegation, apart from Theodore. Originally, the elves hadn’t been rude, but they had been very polite. That coldness was now released into a gentle friendliness.

Theodore guessed the reason and nodded inwardly. ‘It seems like the fact that we destroyed Laevateinn was announced. If this were human history and not the history of Elvenheim, things wouldn’t flow so smoothly.’

It was a cynical thought, but it wasn’t that wrong. Unlike the elves who prioritized returning the favour over themselves, humans generally took care of themselves first. If this had happened in a place like the Austen Kingdom, they might have sent Theo as bait instead of providing support troops. Then once it was over, they would probably try to claim Theo’s work in defeating Laevateinn as their own.