Chapter 70

High Elf Ellenoa #4

It was a force which couldn’t be called anything other than the power of life.

The green light spreading from Ellenoa started to encourage life in everything it touched. The unripe grape vine leaves strewn on the ground started growing and small grains of grapes puffed up.

Theodore couldn’t escape from the brilliance either. He looked down at his forearms as a tickling sensation went through his body, then he witnessed an amazing sight.

‘…The wounds, they’re healed…?’

Although Theo hadn’t been seriously injured during the course of the mission, that didn’t mean there was no damage. There were shallow bruises, cuts, and muscle damage, and some parts of his skin were still stinging. He hadn’t wanted to use healing potions for such minor injuries, so he’d left them alone. However, the wounds and scars were now gone without a trace.

It was a recovery similar to the priests who used divine power. Once the light of vitality reached him, the shallow wounds disappeared, and the fatigue in his body became energy. This was the special ability of the high elves, who had inherited the lineage of the ancient species, Arv. The ability of the high elves was to unconsciously amplify the power of nature and accelerate them when used consciously.

This was the reason the Austen Kingdom had sought Ellenoa as a solution to the drought. They thought it really was possible, which is why they came up with a ridiculous kidnapping plan.

‘Now, this healing power is the aftermath of waking up Mitra… So, if she concentrates on someone’s recovery, she might be able to cure a fatal injury in a flash.’ Theo gulped involuntarily.

Would the Cardinal of Aether, a religion known for its healing power, be able to create a miracle like Ellenoa’s? Theo had never met a cardinal before, but he couldn’t help being inwardly shaken by this amazing sight. Without blinking, he stared at Mitra and Ellenoa who were wrapped in a green light.

At that moment, Ellenoa’s voice was conveyed clearly, [Theodore?]

It wasn’t a sound that he heard; the voice was being conveyed through his heart. So far, only Gluttony and Mitra had talked to him in this way as it wasn’t possible to access the mind of a magician with strong mental defenses.

Yet Ellenoa was talking directly to Theodore’s spirit! So, it was natural for Theodore to feel startled.

[Ellenoa?! How?]

[I used your connection with Mitra. It is impossible unless I am touching her like this.]

[S-Something like that is also possible.]

As a magician, it wasn’t hard to understand the principle behind it. If Ellenoa had bad intentions, then it would be possible to attack his mind directly. Of course, she would be thrown out by Mitra who would realize her intentions. Mitra wouldn’t allow anyone with impure intentions to harm her contractor.

Ellenoa’s words calmed Theo down.

[From now on, I will awaken Mitra’s essence. I don’t know the effect it will have on Theodore due to the contract, so please calm your mind.]

[…I understand.]

Theo closed his eyes under her guidance. His vision closed off first, then his hearing was cut off as he immersed himself in his mind. The tactile sensations touching his skin dimmed as well, and the odours remaining in his mouth and nose were completely dispelled.

After closing all five senses, his sixth sense would naturally sharpen, and the movements of his circles became clearer.

As he admired the stillness, Ellenoa pulled the handle. She opened the door inside of ‘Mitra.’