Chapter 82

National Treasure Umbra #1

Kurt III’s speech ended and the ballroom was instantly filled with joyful music.

♪♬♩♬!

The court musicians didn’t usually have a place to show off their skills, so they didn’t miss this chance. The musicians literally used their whole body to pull out beautiful tones from various musical instruments as the sound filled the spacious ballroom. People were naturally attracted to the music, and the number of men and women dancing with each other increased.

It was a great performance that caused even Theodore to shake his shoulders. However, Kurt III hadn’t moved from before him despite having handed over the medal.

“Hmm, all the formal procedures are finished.” Kurt looked at Theo with his purple eyes and said, “There is a separate person in charge of handing you the national treasure. It isn’t hard to recognize the person, so just act according to their instructions.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

“Then have a great time. You should mingle with the people waiting for you.”

As soon as Kurt finished speaking, a group of nobles gathered in a place not far away.

People with intelligence and influence in the capital had responded to the sudden ball. Most of them were more powerful and cunning than Earl Bergen. These old snakes were just waiting for Kurt to leave so they could descend on Theodore.

This was the young hero’s social debut.

“I look forward to your work in the future, Theodore Miller,” Kurt said as he tapped on Theo’s shoulders, before moving aide.

No matter how high ranking the noble, they couldn’t surround Theo with the king in front of him. Thanks to that, the area around the podium was clear for a moment. It was a golden opportunity for Theo who didn’t like this type of bustle.

He quickly stepped down from the podium. ‘Okay, I should move quickly toward Master or other people from the magic towers. Who will come to a place where high-ranking magicians are?’

At least in Meltor, the status of the magicians were equal to the nobles. A 4th Circle magician was equivalent to a baron. After that, the number of 5th Circle magicians were drastically reduced due to the presence of the ‘wall.’ So, it was common for nobles to earnestly honor senior magicians.

However, a barrier of people formed in front of Theo as he had that thought.

“Ahh, Theodore!”

“It is nice to meet you, Viscount Miller!”

“It is an honour to meet you!”

There were dresses which revealed the body, ornaments hanging from the ears, and waists which gleamed in the light of the chandelier. Along with these, there were also colourful fabrics covering white skin.

‘Soft!’

Dozens of nobles plastered themselves to Theodore while chattering. The soft flesh and sweet fragrance clouded his head.

‘D-Dangerous. At this rate…!’ Theodore had keen senses.

However, this was the first time that he experienced this type of offensive. Additionally, the charm of the girls who had been raised to increase the honor of their family was fatal. It was natural to manage their skin and body, while they learned how to talk and even trained in the art of capturing a man’s eyes.

For them, Theodore Miller would be the most charming husband.

Many of the nobles were much older than them and were frequently involved with concubines as they weren’t sincere. So, the young women would do anything to marry the handsome young man who was a hero.