Chapter 148

Along With The Dragon #1

Aquilo and Theodore took the boat back to the altar, where the festival was in full swing.

The belly dancers captivated the audience with their aggressive dance, while there was smoke blowing everywhere, from the opium being lit in light concentrations. It would be difficult to maintain reason in a place like this.

However, the ugliness of the area couldn’t be hidden.

‘Even so… there is no chaos.’

Theodore eyebrows twitched as he looked around and clicked his tongue lightly. It was as he said. The prostitutes were already brought onto the surrounding boats, and drunkards were sleeping while tangled together.

On the other hand, Aquilo watched the humans with a satisfied expression. However, her eyebrows raised when she found a ship approaching them. What idiot dared to block her way? Aquilo raised a sharp nail at the end of a white finger and waited for the right moment to slice the person.

“Young Master!”

However, the man who jumped onto their boat stood beside Theodore. He held two swords, and the aura flowing from the blades seemed like they could cut through the darkness. Randolph sighed with relief when he saw Theodore, who had disappeared from his eyes for a while. His warrior’s instincts had predicted death.

“Aha, is he your companion, Boy?”

Aquilo recognized Randolph’s identity and put her nails away. The red lips on her white face seemed like cherry blossoms in bloom. Randolph lost his spirit for a moment at the smile, but his trained mentality meant that he quickly recovered. She might superficially appear as a beautiful woman, but…

‘Dammit, I’m not a match for her.’

Randolph felt himself quickly getting drenched in sweat. Unlike magicians who pursued ideas, a warrior’s ability to determine strength was unmatched. His senses, which had been trained for many decades, were screaming that no matter what, he shouldn’t fight her.

“…Damn, I want to hit you.”

However, Randolph didn’t put his swords away. Rather, his two eyes stared straight at Aquilo. The surprising thing was Aquilo’s reaction. She ignored Randolph, who had been prepared for battle, and manipulated the ocean currents to guide their boat to the center of the festival.

Then she climbed onto dry land and licked her lips.

[Stop.]

Simultaneously, everything became static. The hundreds, maybe thousands, of people stopped moving.

This was ‘Dragon Fear,’ the ability of a transcendent species which allowed them to dominate those below them. It didn’t mean much to Theodore and Randolph, but the merchants and pirates couldn’t resist.

However, shortly after that…

-It’s coming.

Theodore perceived its presence before anyone else. Gluttony warned him, but this was the second time today that his senses let out a howl of warning. The size of the warning was equal to or greater than that of Aquilo’s surprise attack. The biggest problem was that this presence was somehow familiar.

‘No, I distinctly remember this presence… Can it be…?’

Theodore stiffened while trying to figure out the identity of the intruder. If his guess was correct… it was possible the uninvited guest had come for Aquilo, not him. There was nothing to base his speculation on, but it might be considered reality when thinking about the ominous warning.