Chapter 33

Tournament Finals #1

The final day of the Pupil Tournament arrived.

In the waiting room at the center of Pentarium, there was a measuring device to check the rankings of the participants. The names of 150 young magicians and the number of tokens they had were accurately described there.

The bottom-most players naturally only had one token and weren’t in the waiting room. Fortunately for them, no one was interested in the participants at the bottom.

“Hey, look at that…!”

“What is it? Oh, the number one rank? Of course, it is… Huh?”

“…Surely there wasn’t an error in the tool?”

“It was installed today, so what error could there be?”

“If this is true, how many times has she fought?”

The audience murmured in disbelief after seeing the leaderboards.

It was the last round, so the outline of the winner was revealed in the rankings. Participants satisfied with their ranking gave up on any more fights. This was because their rankings could lower if they challenged or received a challenge from someone else.

For that reason, previous Pupil Tournaments the final token count had been somewhere in the range of 30 to 40 tokens. There had been no big difference between the token counts of the winner and the other challengers.

However, what did the top of the leaderboard look like now?

[1st Place: No. 13 Sylvia – 95 tokens

2nd Place: No. 7 Pogani Wolgast – 21 tokens

3rd Place: No. 31 Robert Diane – 18 tokens]

The number of tokens possessed by the person in 1st place surpassed the previous record by nearly double, causing the audience to let out cries of admiration.

“9-95 tokens…?!”

“2nd place is only 21 tokens… Doesn’t it mean that other people didn’t have time to collect the tokens?”

“That is the Blue Tower Master’s disciple.”

As the disciple of the famous Blue Tower Master Blundell, she was considered as the favourite to win the competition.

However, nobody had thought she would reach 1st place with such a ridiculous record. It was a contest where young magicians participated, but it wasn’t easy to establish such an overwhelming record.

The people who saw the leaderboard naturally looked at the silver-haired girl sitting in a corner of the waiting room. If it wasn’t for the huge mass of muscles sitting next to her, she would’ve been buried by those who wanted to speak to her.

The mass of muscles, Blundell, spoke in a somewhat rough voice, “Ah, young people these days have no spirit!”

He was lamenting the fact that there had been no challengers for a few days. Blundell had tried to give a good experience to his disciple, but the other participants had turned on their tails as soon as her strength had been revealed.

Did they want to become magicians who had to live with failure because they were afraid of defeat? Blundell couldn’t understand the concept of ‘run away.’

‘It is a chance to compete safely with a superior magician. A lucky opportunity like this is hard to come by!’

The magicians in the area stirred uncomfortably every time Blundell’s eyebrows twitched, and the sparks flying around him were almost as strong as the Red Tower Master. Their anxiety grew as he grabbed his staff—no, the club on his back.