Chapter 179

Eye Of The Storm #3

The standard saying was the ‘difference between the heavens and the earth,’ but this was more like the phenomenon where a beast growled at another beast. The words which Veronica whispered into Theodore’s ears caused a chill to go down his spine.

Theodore gulped and thought hard about it, ‘A bad fishy smell… Is it because of Aquilo’s blood?’

It was a completely unexpected problem. Just as Aquilo had noticed Veronica’s presence back at the Pirate Archipelago, it was likely Veronica noticed Aquilo’s presence on Theodore.

The red dragons and blue dragons had always had a thoroughly troubled relationship which stretched back to the ancient times. As far as these two clans were concerned, the invasion of each other’s territories was a declaration of war. Therefore, it wasn’t strange for them to be more sensitive to the other clan’s presence.

Additionally, there were the words Gluttony had said. It had said that most battles between the two dragons were usually seen when crossing from one territory to the other… or when their possessions were touched.

“Kid. Yes? Don’t keep your mouth shut.” Veronica’s grip on Theodore’s neck tightened as she gazed at him with blazing eyes. Unlike her singsong voice, the emotions in her eyes resembled magma which was about to explode.

Despite the fact that there was nothing hard to reveal, Theodore’s mouth couldn’t open. Did she notice Theodore’s cautiousness?

Veronica grinned as Dragon Fear melted away, then her voice became sweet enough to melt Theodore’s ears. “I’m sorry Kid. In the meantime, haven’t you suffered?”

“Huh?”

“I know the importance of breaking through the ‘wall’ as a magician, but I also know that the process is never smooth. You went all the way to foreign countries, so wasn’t it hard?”

“…That…” Theodore’s eyes shook at the words.

He had stubbornly pushed himself with a steel-like mental power, but he wasn’t an iron man who couldn’t feel tired. Theodore had missed his home whenever he looked up at the different constellations in the sky. On the days when he didn’t speak, he had longed to communicate with someone.

It had been a little better after Randolph joined him, but he had wanted to have a chat with another magician. However, the people he could feel this kinship with had all been in Meltor. Standing before him was Veronica, one of the people he had missed.

‘Ah, I’m comfortable.’

Her affectionate voice and hot temperature interfered with Theodore’s cool thinking. Veronica was a person who knew his pain and gave him comfort. Theodore gazed at Veronica and gradually relaxed. As if she wanted to maintain the momentum to the end, a subtle smile appeared on Veronica’s face. “Yes, I know everything. How difficult it was for you, how hard you tried…”

“T-Tower Master.”

“Theodore, you should call me, ‘Sister’.”

Theodore’s heart thumped when he heard her call his name, rather than a nickname. Was this the dragon’s voice which had attracted heroes in many myths and legends?

‘Should I just tell her? It is hard to hide everything…’

He knew it wasn’t wise to reveal everything, but he had the feeling of wanting to confess everything to Veronica. She had the hot emotions as a mixed red dragon, but she was also one of the tower masters who guarded Meltor. Veronica was mature enough to deal with it.