Chapter 154

Tell Me Your Wish #2

In a short period of time, many choices crossed Theodore’s mind as he closed his eyes.

‘What is the best thing to ask from Aquilo?’

Original books? …Dismissed. He didn’t know if she had any rare original books, and Aquilo didn’t seem like someone interested in magic books. After making such a request, he might cause a disaster such as all the libraries on the continent being plundered by a dragon.

Smashing the Orcus Company… dismissed. The identity and structure of the organization behind it were still unclear. Not everyone who belonged to the Orcus Company would be warlocks, so innocent people might be crushed along with the company.

Should he demand a large amount of assets? …On hold. Getting gold coins for a dragon’s grace was a bit sad.

Then Theodore came up with a good idea. It was difficult for him to make the decision, so he should leave it to the opponent. At the very least, the dragon wouldn’t cheat or deceive him when paying back the favor. Their pride didn’t tolerate such acts.

“-Give me what you think is most valuable among what you own.”

It was an ambiguous favor. What was Aquilo’s most valuable thing? It might be a rare ornament or perhaps beautiful jewelry. In a sense, it was a gamble for Theodore. Aquilo’s eyes widened with amazement, before her expression changed into that of an unknown emotion.

“Boy, are you serious?”

Theodore was curious about her reaction and asked, “Is it okay?”

“Hrmm… No, well, if that is what you want.” Aquilo bit her lips and shook her head. Then she rose from her seat and used her long finger to beckon toward Theodore.

“Okay, come closer. I’ll give you what you want.”

Why did her voice sound bewitching, like a devil’s voice? However, he was the one who brought this up. Theodore rose from his seat and stood carefully in front of Aquilo. He was only a few steps closer than before, but his body was tense now.

At that moment, Aquilo’s hands wrapped around his shoulders.

‘What…?!’

It seemed like a light hold, but the force was so strong that he couldn’t resist! However, he didn’t feel any risk toward his life. So, Theodore didn’t struggle as Aquilo looked into his eyes. As her breath reached his nose, Theodore unconsciously stopped breathing.

Her stunning eyes and aroma caused him to feel dizzy. It couldn’t be helped since she looked like she was going to lick his face. Theodore had never seen a basilisk, but he felt like being petrified by it would feel like this. Theodore’s body stiffened as Aquilo’s lips neared.

She whispered in a low voice, “Don’t be nervous. There might be pain at first…”

Shortly after that, Theodore felt a painful sensation at his neck.

“Ack?!”

She had bit his neck. Before Theodore could accept the situation, Randolph yelled agitatedly at the muffled groan, “-What are you doing, Dragon?”

Blood flowed from the bitten area, but Theodore wasn’t just surprised at the pain. Randolph pulled out a sword one beat later, but a voice stopped him.

“S-Stop!” The urgent voice was coming from the bite victim, Theodore.

“What? Young Master, aren’t you being attacked right now?”