Chapter 50

Uh, This Is Eating? #2

At the time when Gluttony was eating a huge jackpot, the Sylvia and Randolph’s tag match was slowly ending. Obviously, it was the elder lich who had the edge.

[Rot away…!]

The black magic spread and rotted everything, regardless of whether it was organic or inorganic matter. The ground became compost, and the air turned into a poison which would decay the lungs. It was a level of pollution which even aura users couldn’t tolerate.

The 6th Circle magic, Life Drain, was completed. The elder lich, the top ranking undead, was immortal. Fighting him with 5th Circle magic was unreasonable.

Thanks to that desperate gap, Sylvia reacted one beat later. “Freeze!”

The air and ground froze, stopping the pollution. The high speed freezing was due to the artifact, ‘Jack Frost’s staff.’ Addition, if it wasn’t for her overwhelming sensitivity, she would’ve suffered more.

Other magicians would’ve already reached their limits, but she had just under 3% magic power remaining.

“Hah…! Hah…!” Her hair stuck to her sweaty face in an unpleasant manner.

She wiped angrily at her hair and glared at the white bones floating before her.

Her opponent’s capabilities were a few times higher than hers. The amount of magic power and speed of magic casting didn’t fall behind either. If the immortality was added, there seemed to be no way for Sylvia to attack.

The situation was similar for Randolph who was fighting nearby.

Kakiing! The two swords collided with two swords, causing sparks to fly from the four swords.

The blades moved faster than the sound. Randolph’s left sword broke the opponent’s shoulder, while the skull knight drew a line of blood on Randolph’s neck. The incessant attacks caused a fearsome wind to rise around the two swordsmen.

The knight was just a mere skeleton, so its swordsmanship lacked flexibility after becoming an undead, Randolph cleverly moved through those gaps. However, that didn’t change the fact that the skeleton knight was a tough opponent.

‘Damn old geezer!’

At the same time, Randolph blocked three of the skeleton knight’s stabs with a single blow.

Keeng! Randolph let out a huge sword pressure.

He retreated a few steps from the pressure. It was a perfect type of counter attack which could have come straight from a textbook. If the opponent wasn’t hardened as an undead, his head would’ve fallen off around 10 times now.

‘Still… I found a gap I can dig into.’

The skeleton was using a swordsmanship which had stopped improving 100 years ago, so Randolph didn’t miss the small loopholes which were revealed.

[Young Lady.] Randolph’s voice was heard using a trick which directed his voice toward only one person. [I will give you a gap. Use the biggest technique you have available…!]

Without waiting for a reaction, Randolph focused on his dual wield. For the first time in this battle, the skeleton was thrown back by pure strength. Randolph’s momentum had changed in a very short moment.

‘Have I seen this posture before? An old-fashioned inspiration…’

If a technique had been lost 100 years ago, there would also be a new technique born 100 years later. However, there was no such posture in Randolph’s family’s swordsmanship. The moment it changed from a familiar posture to an unfamiliar one, there was a gap in his body’s defense. It was a mistake Randolph wouldn’t have done if his opponent were alive.