Chapter 175

Return To The Magic Tower #2

It was nice to imagine getting a welcome. However, Theo’s departure had been strictly confidential, so he hadn’t been naive enough to expect a reunion while others were watching. No, it was questionable if Sylvia even knew of Theodore’s actions.

While Theodore was filled with such doubts, Orta delivered a message to him using magic, [She knows. She is Blundell’s granddaughter, so she can easily find out if she wants to.]

‘Indeed,’ Theodore agreed inwardly.

Blundell was a tower master, not someone else. So, needless to say, Sylvia could figure out the information related to Theodore. Of course, he was sure that Sylvia wouldn’t leak the information, but there might be situations she couldn’t predict. As such, Theodore wasn’t sure how to start the story.

However, Sylvia was the one who moved first. “Theo.”

“Y-Yes?” Perhaps it was because her tone of voice was different from a year ago, but Theodore’s response to Sylvia’s call was delayed by half a beat. Unlike before, Sylvia now had a clear and resonate voice.

As Theodore stiffened for no reason, Sylvia picked up the books she had dropped.

“It looks like your business is over.” Her voice was calmer than he’d expected. She bowed briefly to the White Tower Master and held her books as she asked Theodore, “Are you busy now?”

“…Yes, I think I will be busy until the evening.”

“I see.” Her tone was understanding. Sylvia smiled and headed toward both of them. Then as she passed by Theodore, she whispered, “I’m still not fully prepared, so I will see you later.”

Theodore turned to her at the strange words, but Sylvia was already climbing the staircase toward the Blue Tower. It was the opposite direction of the Red Tower, so it would be embarrassing to chase someone who had already said goodbye in order to ask what they meant.

With unanswered questions, Theodore and Orta climbed the stairs leading to the Red Tower.

The meeting with his teacher, Vince Haidel, was really quick.

During the year that Theodore had been gone, Vince’s private room had gotten a nameplate which was engraved with the symbol of a ‘Prime.’ Theo was surprised for a moment, but it wasn’t hard to understand why.

Thanks to restoring the language of the ancient Balcia Empire and its magic system, it wasn’t strange that his teacher would become a Prime.

“Master!” Theodore opened the door with a delighted voice.

“The— cough!” Vince spat out the freshly brewed cup of coffee that he had just started to drink. It was a meeting between a teacher and a disciple after one year, and this touching meeting began with coffee covering Theodore’s face.

“T-This… Theodore, are you okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine.”

Fortunately, Theodore couldn’t get burned by the hot coffee as he was resistant to heat. He didn’t have the physical abilities of an aura user, but the body of a magician was different from normal humans in many ways.

Of course, Vince was very apologetic for getting coffee on his disciple whom he hadn’t seen for a year.

“Then let’s start the story.” After the fuss died down and new coffee was brewed, Vince opened his mouth first, “First and foremost, welcome back. I don’t see any injuries, but what about the problem we talked about before you left?”