Chapter Four | An Ideal Husband

"Drishti, tell us about yourself

"Drishti, tell us about yourself." King Drupad smiled as they all gathered for lunch, Drishti had been getting glares from Draupadi about her way of eating and talking a lot while eating, meanwhile the King was very much liking Drishti's loud mouth.

"Hasnt she told enough about herself, Pitashri?" Draupadi smiled in a fake sweet manner. Drishti smirked before saying "I am so sorry, but that wasnt even half about me, to tell you your majesty I am such a fun loving girl..."

Drishti continued to chit chat with the two men of the family while Draupadi couldnt help but roll her eyes at the mannerless girl. Drishti looked around and asked "Where's Govind?"

"He has gone go Dwarka, and will arrive on Draupadi's swayamvar day." The King informed. Drishti curiously asked "And when is the Swayamvar?"

"Three days from now," Drishtidyum interjected. Drishti suddenly exclaimed to him "Havent you noticed Drishtidyum we have such similar names, infact all of us in here our names starting from D!"

Everyone laughed except Draupadi. While chatting Drishti asked "So Your majesty who have you invited to the Swayamvar?"

The king answered he had invited many and also expressed his wish that he would have also invited The Pandavas, especially Arjun, who he thought to be the perfect man for his daughter but unfortunately they died along with their mother Kunti in fire last year. Drishti smirked to herself on the lie.

She saw how Draupadi's face had fallen down. Smiling towards her Drishti said "Dont worry Draupadi, the one who really deserves you will surely win you." Also she knew what would happen after the swayamvar and was worried for Draupadi.

If she could she would have told them the truth and stop everything wrong which was to happen but before bringing her to the castle, Krishna had warned her to not play with the future and let destiny do what she wishes for.

Drishti felt bad for Draupadi knowing the woman had to suffer in her whole life, she just wished that destiny would provide her some way to make it easier for Draupadi. As the lunch got over Drishti was told that she can roam the whole castle with Draupadi.

Draupadi halfheartedly agreed on taking Drishti with her. Firstly they went to a garden while covering whose distance Drishti got extremely tired and started breathing heavily causing Draupadi to laugh. Drishti glared at her "Its not funny, its a really important health issue!"

"Oh god you are so dramatic!" Draupadi laughed again, this time Drishti let her enjoy joining her in her laughter. Soon the two girls got engaged in chatting about the men who were to arrive in Draupadi's swayamvar.

"What qualities do you want in your husband?" Drishti asked curiously. Draupadi thought for a moment and then answered "I think my husband should be intelligent, powerful, a good archer and handsome and good in vedas."

Oh woman! Drishti joked suddenly "Seems like you'll need five instead of one."

Draupadi made a disgusted face at her remark. "What kind of a woman has five husbands, I just want one with all these qualities."

"Well its a bit difficult, to be honest, because no one is this perfect to behold all of these qualities." Drishti reasoned cautiously.

"Whatever, you say were you married in your world?" Draupadi asked and was replied with a loud snort and laughter. "Me? Married? Hahaha!"

"What's so funny in that!?" Draupadi exclaimed. Once Drishti finished her laughter she spoke up "Firstly I am just seventeen, it would be illegal to marry at this age-"

"What?" Draupadi interrupted highly confused. Drishti crossed her legs sitting on the grass, gaining a glare from the other woman telling her to sit properly like a mannerful maiden "Oh chill.."

"So from the timeline I have come, there girls don't just get married once they are fourteen, they get married whe they complete their education, start working on their own and earning for herself and once they become stable in their life and career then they search for a man, and its not like they get it in one try, some woman take years to find the right, man while some get one so quickly by luck." Drishti explained and Draupadi was staring at her wide eyed.

"Whatever you said was so absurd." Draupadi commented shaking her head. Drishti decided to not say further because it would clearly not make any sense to Draupadi. After spending some more time taking both the girls layed on the cool grass watching the setting sun after Drushti insisted Draupadi to relax a bit.

"From tomorrow all the Princes and kings would start arriving for the swayamvar." Draupadi said watching the sun. Drishti hummed.

"Such as from what states?" Drishti asked.

"I think from Gandhar, Magadha, Vajji, Hastinapur, Ang desh-"

"Ang desh?" Drishti suddenly interrupted knowing she had heard the word very well but couldnt recall it properly.

"Ang desh is ruled by Suta Putra Karn, he was made King by Kumar of Hastinapur, Duryodhan, but Angraj had proved to be a worthy king." Draupadi replied.

Ang Raj... Drishti tried to picture her favourite character from the epic tale.

 Drishti tried to picture her favourite character from the epic tale

*Author's Note*

Who liked this chapter!?! Vote and comment if you liked it!