Chapter Eighty One

Just as a furious Dushasan got a hold of Drishti's saree, it was Arjun who stepped up instantly diminishing all the lights and flames in the hall engulfing it in darkness as it was clear he didnt want anybody to see anything

A lot of people were relieved for that, while some smirked at the patheticness of how vulnerable he was, doing all of that. A loud cackle echoed that belonged to Jaydrath followed by many others as almost half of the Kauravas were now siding with him after he was successful in gaslighting them.

Meanwhile Drishti stood in the center of the hall, hands joined and eyes closed, her hair completely untied now, as all the jewellery she wore an hour ago was scattered everywhere, a small fresh cut on her temple that was still flowing out blood but lesser now. Her whole body was covered in bruises after what had happened to her in the whole while.

Dushasan breathing heavily with a mixture of feelings, holding the unfurled part of her saree and with a sharp exhale and face morphed in intensity, he began pulling the cloth from her, untying it more and more with every pull. While everybody had their necks forced down crying to the floor and some shameless such a Jaydrath and Ashwathama enjoying the show.

At first Dushasan was pulling the saree with hesitance as despite all the anger on her he considered he would never do such a thing to any woman but he was forced to do it and after a while of pulling the saree he realised that something was wrong.

Suddenly a loud thunder like sound came out of nowhere startling everyone and making them look up at the ceiling which had the large curtain like cloth starting to move downwards in waves, circling Drishti. Everyone had their eyes almost bulging out as they couldnt understand what was suddenly happening. The huge red colored curtain flew down to attach in Drishti's saree while Dushasan was trying his very best to keep pulling it rapidly but he could only feel the cloth growing more and more.

Meanwhile Drishti, who still had her eyes closed and hands joined with a name in faint whisper escaping her lips once in a while and maybe hadnt the idea of what was happening as she kept her prayers on without caring for anything at the moment as her whole mind, soul and heart was dissolved under the influence of one name.

The sudden wind entered the hall out of nowhere almost stumbling everyone from their spots, their clothes, jewelries and crowns being knocked down by the violent wind while Dushasan was adamant to pull off the saree completely from Drishti. Everyone's heartbeats rised watching the miraculous scene in front of them, piles and piles of cloth depositing beside Dushasan as much as he pulled and still it was not ending.

He heaved in extreme fatigue not being able to perform the task given to him. All the elders and Pandavas dropped to their knees with tears streaming down their face and hands joining up in relief watching the miracle. Not once did Drishti stopped chanting the name with all the will and purity in heart.

Jaydrath ordered Dushasan to pull the cloth faster in frustration but nothing changed when Dushasan tried that, the more strength Dushasan gave into the task, the more it grew difficult for him to disrobe the girl in front of him.