Chapter Sixteen | Hastinapur

"Ah, when we'll reach there

"Ah, when we'll reach there..." Drishti groaned stretching her arms painfully as her body ached due to being carried in a palanquin since hours.

"Dush! How long?" She called irritably removing the curtain to Dushasan who was on his horse in ahead of her.

"We are almost there!" Dushasan called back causing Drishti's face to crook into sudden cheerfulness.

"What? Really! OMG!" Drishti grinned brightly, causing all the men outside to shake their heads smilingly at her loudness and excitement.

She sat up straight cross legged in her palanquin keeping both her palms open in her lap and closed her eyes, "One small chocolate cake please!"

Her heart fluttered as she soon felt the plate on her hands and opening her eyes she was greeted by the beautiful sight of chocolate cake.

***

"Wake up Drishti! We are here" she heard a familiar voice while her eyes were shut with her body drowned in tiredness. Someone was shaking her to wake her up from sleep and constantly calling her name only making her irritated.

"Drishti get up we're here!" Someone hissed, she frowned irritably, her hands moving up to rub her eyes lightly.

Opening her eyes she saw she was lying in the unmoving palanquin. Ahh, finally. She thought. Are we here?

Yes, they were. She sat up straight immediately only causing her head to bang on the roof of her palanquin very badly, she groaned loudly while several gasps could be heard from outside, surely people saw the palanquin shake wildly due to her hitting her head at it.

"I am alright! Dont worry!" She called trying to assure them.

"Come out Putri, we have arrived at Hastinapur." She heard Mamshri's cheesy voice. Pushing her feet out, she gathered herself to step out of the palanquin, removing the curtains and getting up to meet new people.

She stood up putting up a big smile and looked around having large crowds already in her view. But everything was so silent, why?

Oh yeah, her clothes. So what?

She looked around herself to see Duryodhan, Dushasan, Mamashri, and Angraj gathered beside her proudly due to being welcomed.

She smiled going towards them, afterall she was to be welcomed as well. She stood beside Dushasan with a warm smile while she could see a huge, grand, collosal castle. She felt herself get lost in its alluring beauty. It was like magic. It was even better than Panchal's castle. Just astonishing.

She was brought out of her trance by Dushasan clearing his throat beside her secretly. She frowned lightly turning to him. He leaned down towards her slightly whispering, "Your hair."