Chapter Thirty Nine | Guru Dron's Offer

The morning in the Kuru household was a little grim that day, and there were too many reasons

The morning in the Kuru household was a little grim that day, and there were too many reasons. Dushala had to leave today as her husband needed to back to his kingdom upon something urgent that came up and Dushala wont be able to stay a day or two and more than that there was Drishti's probelm from last night.

She was sure somebody heard her when she was talking about how much she loved Karn. She was dying in anxiety to know who it was.

Right now the whole household was suddenly double busy as they had to immediately prepare for Dushala's farewell. Tons and tons of stuffs were being put on carts and chariots. Everything was just so unbelievable.

"I cant believe my daughter is going away." Gandhari sobbed hugging her daughter as all of them have assembled out in the hall for her vidai. She had been the most overwhelmed out of everybody today. Drishti pitied the woman as she never even got to see her daughter's face once and now she was already leaving.

The aura in the palace was so emotional, everybody had tears in their eyes, Dushala's brothers trying the hardest to hide them the most. Meanwhile Drishti was continuously weeping. She just couldnt imagine now what she would do without her best friend.

All the rituals were being performed, Drishti having a chief role in them and then somebody played sad music. Drishti didnt understand any of it but it still made her cry harder.

"Why cant she stay here and he can leave?" Drishti asked to the elder as she sobbed badly, her question arised an offended reaction from the groom's side. The elders tried to convince her that Dushala will also have to leave with her husband.

What made Drishti feel better was that Dushala could come back again in a few days before she left permanently. Drishti hugged her best friend tightly not wanting to let her go. "I am going to miss you so much, please dont go!"

"I dont want to go either!" Dushala sobbed back while hugging Drishti for her dear life and now Jaydrath was scared. Duryodhan passed him a quiet assuring look to calm down, while he himself was holding back tears.

After meeting Draupadi and the Pandavas, Dushala finally turned to her brothers and was immediately encircled by the hundred as all of them cried. Finally Dushala went to meet her father one last time before leaving meanwhile Drishti had to stop Dushasan from wiping his tears from her beautiful dress while she herself cried.

"Dont ruin my clothes, you idiot." Drishti sobbed while yanking piece of dress back from Dushasan, who now tried to wipe his tears with his hands, Ashwathama pitied him and got him a really big handkerchief instantly.

Everyone was saying heartfelt words to Dushala making all of them cry harder. In the end Dushasan was finally able to wipe his face from Drishti's piece of dress but ended up having his whole face scratched as her clothes were studded with several jewels and pearls.

"I told you not to." Drishti sniffed tearfully while Dushasan was still crying, maybe now because of the pain in his face.

Before leaving, Dushasan again pulled Dushala in one last hug, everyone told him the time was running and Jaydrath urgently needed to go back.