Chapter Ninety Six

Later the evening of Pandavas's arrival along with Draupadi, everybody in Drishti's ashram assembled in the lawn for the fine dusk, enjoying the weather and the occasion

Drishti's bliss was still radiating from her face, as she bore the brightest smile dominating the night darkness creeping after the sunset. Sitting beside her husband and having Drashika wrapped around her other side, Drishti felt like home with her true family.

The Pandavas continued to tell their journey of the past fifteen years, very much being enjoyed by the kids specially and Drishti could see that all the kids very straightaway fans of the Pandava twins, who not only claimed but also proved to be the coolest of all.

The aura suddenly seemed to be the most vibrant cheerful today that Drishti had never experienced in the past fifteen years. The wait seemed to be worth it. This was what she was waiting for, to be reunited with them and end the pain she had suffered from their depart, precisely his depart, her husband's.

But it was not the same for all.

Where she was enjoying their return and feeling like the happiest soul alive, they were still inwardly distraught with what had passed that tragic day fifteen years ago.

They couldnt let go of it and ofcourse nobody in their position, ever could. All of them were glad that their exile had ended and they were now free but it was not enough, the spark of seeking vengeance was evident in their eyes. This was not how their lives were supposed to be, filled with hardships, exiles and being corrupted by their own family. And it pained them to see how their wives and children were also dragged in it.

Everytime Arjun, sitting beside Drishti, heard her laugh, he could sense it was not the same cheerful sound filled of extreme liveliness, though it was clear she was indeed the happiest there but it still couldnt match the way she used to be happy back then. It was lost. And every cell in his body burned with rage that he could do nothing to save it. He wanted it back like it used to be, anyhow.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ashram Krishna could seen returning with the cattles and the little herders as he claimed he missed taking cattles for grazing, Drishti was as obliged as the cattles themselves with the offer.

"Join us, Vasudev!" Bheem called waving a hand towards Krishna as soon as he arrived, who came and sat beside him gaining a hard clap on his back by Bheem and pretended to be hurt, "Calm down, Bhrata Bheem."

"Maa, do you know today we went past the meadows with Vasudev!" Prateek chimed coming and laying his head in Drishti's lap, his reserved place every evening. She ran her fingers through his long wavy hair with a smile glancing down at him, "That's great, maybe when you grow older you can go that far by yourself as well, Prateek."

Arjun sitting beside her couldnt stop his smile for some reasons, he had always seen how good she was with kids, she just loved them. It was just so unexpected from her to be honest as she herself was a kid yet she knew how to treat them so good. He wondered how she learnt that.