Chapter Seventy Three

*Note*

Alexa, play 'Ajeeb dastan hai yeh.'
🥀💔✨

The saddest kind of sad is when your tears cant even drop and you feel nothing

The saddest kind of sad is when your tears cant even drop and you feel nothing. Its like the world has just ended. You dont cry. You dont hear. You dont see. You just stay there. And for a second, the heart dies.

Drishti felt the exact same right now sitting in front the mirror right now staring aimlessly at herself being readied in the golden red attire, adorned with heavy jewelries making her look ethereal.

There is a certain beauty in sorrow as well, which Drishti was currently radiating. Nobody knew how, there wasnt even a tint of smile or happiness on her face and eyes but still she managed to look so heavenly, like no one did ever before.

"I cant take my eyes off you, Drishti." Charumati whispered highly in awe of Drishti's appearance standing behind her while staring at her reflection in mirror.

"Ofcourse," Dushala chimed giving Drishti's hair a final touch, "That is because she has the best make up artist in the world."

Dushala's aim to make her best friend smile, worked as Drishti finally looked up with smiling eyes only to see Dushala's eyes holding sorrow masked in happiness for her. She, ofcourse didnt ask Drishti to break off her marriage with Arjun like everybody else but that didnt mean she hadnt once rooted for her and Karn to get together so strongly and today it was breaking her like all of her fantasies were coming untrue.

"A girl looks best when she becomes a bride," Gandhari said entering further in the room high on enthusiasm, "And I know Drishti must be looking even more beautiful than she already is. Because its the inner beauty that makes you glow."

Drishti seriously wondered how did she ever get so damn lucky to be loved by this woman so much. That was the first time she smiled genuinely in the whole time overwhelmed by a lot of emotions.

"Its time." Draupadi announced shortly as she entered the room informing everybody that the priest has called for Drishti finally, who was suddenly all worked up now.

Its time. She was getting married. Actually, really married. How could she believe that? She was getting married and that too to someone she didnt love the least.

It was already heartbreaking for two people but the pain was destined for the third one as well. Drishti nodded with a slight gulp making her whole being know that it was her big day and forced herself to not thing of the beautiful impossibilities of life she had thought of earlier. She need to have a clear mind, straight thoughts and focus on her surroundings, which was sure difficult but not impossible, she suppossed.