Chapter Twenty Seven | Attack On Snowy

Sitting in her room with a hanging face, Drishti let the whole day pass without talking or seeing anybody

Sitting in her room with a hanging face, Drishti let the whole day pass without talking or seeing anybody. After her arguement with Dushala she hoped her best friend would come to her any moment and they will make up but Dushala never came.

A lot of people came to ask if Drishti was alright and why wasnt she coming out, but they got no answer, they were all returned from outside the room without her opening the door, because Drishti would only open the door for only her friend who never came. All Drishti said to them was that she wished to stay alone and was fine.

Drishti felt a fear strike her in every while that what if Dushala actually chose to marry him over their friendship, she knew she'd break.

Laying on her bed, staring at the high ceiling with a mundane look, Drishti wondered what must be going outside. Were they all preparing for Dushala's marriage? Most probably.

Letting out a sigh, Drishti turned over to glance at the bird stand kept in her room which was for Snowy, but Snowy wasnt there right now. Where would he have gone in the daytime?

Drishti sat up straight immediately with a frown. Snowy never went out in daytime. Sudden worry striked here. Getting out of the bed she rushed to the glance out of the large balcony of her room, her eyes roamed over several lawns, trees, everywhere, but Snowy was not to be seen anywhere.

She rushed back to the bird stand to see, Snowy hasnt eaten anything and her breath hitched realising she hasnt seen Snowy since last night, that means he never returned in the morning. She instantly knew something surely has happened.

"No!" She breathed out at the thought of something bad happening to Snowy.

Drishti decided to rush out of her room immediately in search of her owl. As she stepped out she was met with the sight of several maids coming in her direction carrying the food for her as she herself had requested to eat alone.

"Wait, have you seen Snowy anywhere?" She asked stopping all of them, they frowned for a second shaking their heads in denial, it worried Drishti even more. Her sixth sense was telling her something was wrong.

Suddenly Drishti realised that other than them no one could be seen in the whole castle, where did everyone go?

"Where's everybody?" Drishti asked.

"Oh, they are in the assembly hall, a small celebration is called tomorrow morning as Rajkumari Dushala has agreed to marry Sindhraj."

It was as if Drishti had stopped breathing. Dushala agreed?! An exasperated breath left her mouth due to the sock from sudden information. Her face broke in a hurt expression. Not because Dushala has agreed to marry to him, but because she defied the friendship between her and Drishti.

Drishti gulp in her throat going sore and dry, "Okay, Good for her."

Now shrugging all the thoughts away, Drishti left running out in the gardens ignoring the calls of the maids behind her. Right now her main aim was to find Snowy. How could she afford to lose another friend?