Chapter Ninety Five

Mounted upon his horse, galloping through the woods at the periphery of Hastinapur with a heavily thudding heart, Arjun aimed to reach the destination faster as he had already marked himself late on the special day

Before parting ways at Indraprastha with his brothers and wife, he had taken the route to the Sakala Kingdom, going past the Hindukush mountains two days ago and hadnt stopped since as he needed to reach Drishti's ashram anyhow on the date their exile ended.

Gradually the look of relief started dawning upon his face as he was almost there. The nostalgic scent of those familiar woods brining back the memories from his childhood, a small yet serene smile etched over his face which suddenly widened as soon as his eyes fell on the ashram he needed to be at.

He could see there was no one at the entrance of the grand decorated gates of the ashram, even the fences wore loveliest of climbers and flowers. He was seeing the place for the first time. The place where Drishti had been living for the past fifteen years.

His heart bore a particular symphony to which it beat everytime he thought of her. And right now realising that he was finally going to see her, had him losing all his senses.

Slowing the pace of his horse, as it trotted, he got down, his hand reaching to a small clothed bag tied to his waist making sure it was alright.

He didnt know why but his steps slowed, as excited he had been to see her and put an end to this excruciating long wait, he was also... nervous? To be honest, he hadnt a clue.

All he could think of now was of her. Multiple questions clouding his mind at the same time. How must she look now that fifteen years have passed? How would he meet her? What will happen when he will finally see her?

His steps led him nearer to the ashram while his slowed and heavy heart beat echoed in the back of his head. It felt like he was being drawn insanely to the place and a part of him also knew why was that.

From the distance he could see very well that his brothers and Draupadi have reached the place before him and were already inside the ashram, a part of him feared if he might get scolded for being so late. He almost chuckled at himself as he was excited for even that. All he wanted at this moment was to finally see her, hear her and just be in her presence.

He could no longer bear the distance now.

As he stepped closer he almost halted as just behind the entrance he could see someone standing there. It was a woman. He completely stopped breathing when he realised who it was.

Drishti was waiting for him there.

He knew now that he was blushing. Seriously Arjun, get a grip. He tried to hide whatever might be so so evident on his face and refrained himself from looking like a teenager hopelessly in love as he marched towards the gates.

He could see she was facing the ashram and had her back turned to him. She was dressed up in a rose pink attire, her long hair tied in a thick braid while a few curls that freed themselves from the bondage now danced in the slow wind.