Chapter Forty Two | Weirdo

A couple of days had passed in utter chaos. The whole Hastinapur was in turmoil with the news of Padnavas leaving. Today was the day Pandavas were to set out for Khandavprastha with Draupadi and the public didnt react anything less than horrifying.

Drishti sat with Draupadi, Nakul and Sahadev in a room where Draupadi was trying to convince Drishti come with them or she would feel lonely. Drishti could neither come to agree to that nor deny, because she too was worried about the fact Draupadi was pregnant and would feel forlorn there without her.

"Panchali," Nakul said with a smile towards his wife, "I am sure Drishti wants to come as much, but she cant, she wont be able to survive in the harsh environment there, we wouldnt take you too, but it is necesary to take you. Once the Kingdom is settled I am sure, Drishti would come up immediately, wont you Drishti?"

Drishti nodded vigorously in a bright manner, "Ofcourse I will! I am not going to stay from you for long and especially not from this little munchkin who is not even born yet."

Draupadi chuckled leaning her head on Drishti's shoulder, who knew she'd fall asleep soon and when she did, the twin brothers were advised by Drishti to leave and let Draupadi rest as she had been under very hectic routine in the recent days.

After a while, Drishti looked up she heard someone entering the room, she saw it was Arjun and immediately gestured him to be quiet with a finger on her mouth indicating that Draupadi was sleeping. He nodded at her with a sarcastic look going to the other side of the room for what he had come.

Picking up a bunch of papers of Arjun started leaving while Drishti payed no heed as she was busy folding clothes for Draupadi after telling the maids to get some rest.

Suddenly Arjun halted as he remembered something after shortly glancing at Drishti before leaving. He went back inside the room and she stared at him with a weird look. He stood in front of her for a second staring at her before again going to the other side of the room. Such a weirdo.

Drishti saw as he pulled a drawer and took something out of it before coming in her direction again. She looked up at him expectantly as he began with a little hesitance in his voice, "We are all leaving today and before that I wanted to return this to you."

He held up the same earring which Drishti lost on Dushala's wedding day and was searching for it everywhere, she even asked him to find it for her and he certainly did. But why didnt he return it to her for so many days?

"You found it." Drishti said brightly taking the earring from him, he nodded with a small smile. She looked back at him, "Then why didnt you return it to me?"

He stared at her as he remembered he found the earring on the same day and was just coming to return it to her but upon seeing her all smiling and blushing with Karn, he stopped there. He didnt know why, but he didnt feel like going to her that day again, a weird feeling arised in him whenever he saw her after that incident, it was difficult to explain.