Chapter Seventy Nine

"Bring Drishti here

"Bring Drishti here."

After Jaydrath told Dushasan to bring Drishti instead of Draupadi, the aura tensed up even more. Yudhistir allowed Drishti to be brought in Draupadi's place as he believed Duryodhan would not harm Drishti because she had been their friend.

Meanwhile Jaydrath was busy reminding Karn and Duryodhan how much Drishti had hurt them with her betrayal. Both Karn and Duryodhan were put in a knot with everything happening around them now. This was not what they knew and wanted to happen.

Drishti was never the part of the plan.

"Sindhraj, we should not bring Drishti into this." Mamashree said once again gravely, the fear evident in his eyes, he didnt want her to be dragged into this, "Stop this right away. We will find Draupadi there is no need to bring Drishti into this."

"Yes, Mamashree is right," Duryodhan agreed with his uncle, "We cant do this to Drishti. She was our fri—"

"Yes, go on," Jaydrath interrupted slyly, "Go on, Duryodhan be shameless and call that girl your friend. Ofcourse she was your friend and that's why she is now on the Pandava's side. You are just too smart Duryodhan."

"Be it anything," Karn snapped angrily, "Drishti will not be brought into this or I wont spare you Sindhraj."

Jaydrath's eyes widened slightly at the threat and it angered him even more seeing after everything he said to them, they were still on Drishti's side. This girl had done some sort of black magic on them. Jaydrath groaned lowly and turned back to Karn, "Ofcourse Angraj, I know about your valour and I also know you have such a pure heart. You always see the good in people and especially in Drishti. Ashwathama was also her friend once but slowly he realised that Drishti is a clever girl who goes after people for her own benefit. She is selfish and you should know it by now otherwise you are the greatest fool."

Karn glared at him murderously, "What benefit did Drishti get from me then?"

"She wanted to be a queen," Jaydrath said and everyone halted perplexed, "When you weren't married, she thought she could become the queen of Angdesh but she realise she couldnt now so it didnt take her another moment to leave you forever and go to Arjun— even though she knew she wont be the queen there but she knows Draupadi treats her like her younger sister. That Krishna as well gives her a great significance, she knew it was beneficial for her there."

All of them let the words sync in and felt their hearts getting heavier, why suddenly it all started making sense to them? Karn wanted to defend her on that matter but why was that event from Angdesh flooded back to his memory when Drishti actually claimed that she wanted to be a queen of Angdesh? Was it all really not her childishness and her real desires? She was really after wealth all along?

Jaydrath didnt let them get off the topic for even once and continued talking about how in the beginning Krishna sent her to Hastinapur with Duryodhan even when there was no reason for it, he wanted Drishti to gain everybody's trust in Hastinapur. But as soon as she realised everything was slipping away, she didnt waste another moment to go back to them.