EPILOGUE

*Note*

To everybody, who was a part of this journey— Thankyou for making it happen.

The soft gusts of wind entering the room from the open windows as it started to dawn with the faint chirping of birds ringing in the surroundings melodiously, Arjun was still consumed in the saccharine slumber but the cooling winds were trying the...

The soft gusts of wind entering the room from the open windows as it started to dawn with the faint chirping of birds ringing in the surroundings melodiously, Arjun was still consumed in the saccharine slumber but the cooling winds were trying their best to wake him up as he finally did with a light groan emerging from the back of his throat.

Arjun's eyes opened up slightly to be met with the faint sunlight that had now enlightened the whole room before his gaze settled on the high and beautifully carved ceiling of the room and instantly the ends of his lips tugged in a small smile. He was just coming out of the trance of his sleep, stepping back into the real world slowly before his eyes caught something unusual.

Lots of butterflies.

He blinked repeatedly, clearing his vision as he still layed in the same position unable to wake up completely after having the best sleep of his life, last night. His breath hitched as he recalled last night and suddenly he questioned to himself, Where is she?

He half sat up on the bed rubbing his eyes for a clearer view before another small butterfly of colors out of the world, glowing like a twinkling star in the daylight settled on his chest. He couldnt help but smile to himself admiring its colors, all shades of blue with silver, white and gold. It reminded him of the butterfly hairpiece, he gave to Drishti on the night of their wedding.

But he halted, again being reminded she wasnt here and he wondered if it was normal waking up to several butterflies swarming the room, maybe it was because it was Drishti's.

He looked around in the room, not finding any trace of her wondering if she woke up early and left the room but the faint sunlight seeping through the curtains revealed it wasnt it even dawn yet, the sun was yet to rise and the idea of Drishti leaving this early was absolutely absurd, given her condition.

He watched as the butterfly flew away fluttering its wings and he sat up fully, his legs dangled from the bed as he tried calling for her once, "Drishti?"

Having met with no answer, his heart began racing. Any amount of sleep in his body vanished instantly as he stood up feeling a worrying sentiment well in his chest. The thought her going anywhere without him knowing scared him immensely after knowing she was not well.

He was met with the balcony door left open completely while those thin white curtains did no good, letting the brightness of the dawning day seep in effortlessly alongwith the flock of those mysterious butterflies. Where did they even come from?

Before his steps could lead him straightaway towards the balcony he halted as his gaze fell on the bedside table on which an ink pot and a feathered quill with a rolled parchment tied in a red thread was placed while two pink and orange butterflies sat at it. He picked it up with perplexion etched over his face and before he could think of even unfurling it, the same blue butterfly tried distracting him as it circled him to gain his attention, he wondered what for?