Chapter Seven | The Swayamvar

"I dont understand what has happened to her?" Draupadi said shaking her head to her maids while examining her jewelery for her big day

"I dont understand what has happened to her?" Draupadi said shaking her head to her maids while examining her jewelery for her big day. Meanwhile Drishti sat near the window staring out at the hilly regions of Panchal letting the cool breeze dry her wet hair. She was in a deep thinking about him.

Who was he?

She just wanted to find out, the uneasy feeling of not getting to see the same face again was not letting her sleep peacefully.

Today was Draupadi's Swayamvar and the whole castle was decorated beautifully, the music and chatters of any person echoed in the whole castle.

Draupadi was being readied by her maid's while Drishti couldnt stop thinking about the man she met out there. Her eyes could only picture his face, her hand craved to be held in his grip again, she wanted to hear his voice again. But she didnt even know his name. Why god why?

"Okay, now that is enough, if you are going to sit there like a lost soul then sit all day you want, no one is forcing you to get ready for my swayamvar and dont cry when I leave without meeting you-" Draupadi called to her playfully.

"Oh gosh you are going to give a headache to your husband with that mouth of yours!" Drishti exclaimed jokingly getting up and going towards her. Draupadi rolled her eyes and asked "Now help me with these, what should I wear?"

"This one." Drishti said picking up a heavy earring embedded with several jewels and putting it in Draupadi's ear, while she looked in the mirror. "Hmm, its good and you should get ready quick too."

"Sure Maharani!" Drishti mocked. The maids went towards her readying her quickly, as much as Drishti hated to wear such heavy accessories and clothes, today she had a reason to wear them, all of the things were much more than she ever thought she would wear in her own wedding.

"I am ready!" Drishti chimed twirling around in her large heavy lehenga, Draupadi gave an impressed look complementing her "You look so beautiful, I will have to tell Pitashri to organise a swayamvar for you as well, or who knows you might find your groom today only?"

Draupadi laughed while Drishti fell into thinking about the same face again from that day. What if she meets him today? She was thankful that she covered her face that day and didnt let the King see it. Or she might get into trouble.

"Look, she is lost again!" Draupadi huffed bringing Drishti out of her trance. Drishti rolled her eyes "Shut up!"

"Is the bride ready?" Both the girls turned to a very divinely familiar voice and saw who was standing there.

"Govind!" Both exclaimed running towards him happily while he stood there with his arms opened for them with a big smile and hugged them both.

"Am I in heaven?" He asked playfully both the girls exchanged confused glances "Because I can see so beautiful Apsaras!"

Both the girls laughed at the cheesy god. Drishti agreed with him "I think you are saying right, Draupadi really looks like an angel."

"You look much more beautiful than me, I am so dusky and you glow like the moon, I bet people are going to think its you who is getting married." Draupadi said with a fake sad look. Drishti and Krishna laughed before Drishti said.

"I believe dusky people are the most beautiful ones, just look at you two, anyone would think an artist made you." Drishti said with a smile.

"Where is my daughter?" All of them turned to the voice of King Drupad, he stood there glancing at his daughter with a really big overwhelmed smile. Draupadi rushed to hug her father and seeing them like this brought tears to Drishti's eyes.

Just as a tear was about to fall, it was collected in a palm coming under Drishti's chin, looking up she saw Krishna was smiling down at her. "Dont cry, Priye, you look much more beautiful with a smile."

She chuckled wiping her tears away, and watched the family time smilingly until she again turned to Krishna and asked worriedly "But what will happen to me after the Swayamvar is over?"

"Whatever the destiny wants." He smiled. She gave him a fake angry look making him laugh "You know everyone has been talking about the girl that came from Kaliyuga."

She gasped loudly shocked, "Everyone knows about me." Krishna chuckled shaking his head "No, they will know about the real you once the time comes, but surely today everyone will see who is this girl from future."

"Oh shit, I am so nervous, what will happen to me?" She asked to herself worriedly. Krishna just smiled at her and announced.

"Maharaja its time for the Swayamvar!"

"It cannot begin without the bride's sister!" A strong feminine voice called from behind and all of them saw a lady dressed as that of a warrior stood with a wide smile.

"Jiji!" Draupadi exclaimed happily tunning towards the lady with open arms and tackling her in a tight hug. Jiji... Drishti thought and her eyes widened as she realised who the woman was. Shrikhandini!

Smart girl. She heard Krishna's voice in her head and turned to see him smiling playfully. But soon her attention was gained by Shrikhandini coming towards her with a smile.

"Hello - Pranaam -" Drishti was interrupted by Shrikhandini bringing her in a warm hug. Drishti was taken aback but soon hugged back the woman warmly.

"The maiden from Kaliyug." Shrikhandini smiled pulling away holding Drishti by arms. Drishti reflected a nervous smile back.

"I was so excited to meet you when I heard you are staying in Panchal for a few days, but due to some reasons I had to go out and I now I am the last one you meet" Shrikhandini said with a sweet smile. "I am Shrikhandini-"

"I know, I am Drishti." Drishti smiled gaining a chuckle in response. Draupadi smiled coming towards them both and putting her arms around both the girls.

"You know Jiji, while you were gone, I managed to find myself a younger sister while I missed my elder one." Draupadi smiled hugging them both. Drishti's heart and eyes welled up upon hearing the word 'sister'. Draupadi considered her her sister.

"I am glad, I have two younger sisters!" Shrikhandini smiled. Meanwhile Drishti couldnt believe all this, happy tears brimmed in her eyes.

"Sakhi, its getting time to begin your swayamvar." Krishna announced.

*Author's Note*

*Author's Note*

How was the chapter? (Please reply)

And also vote, comment and follow me!

Drishti's attire in the above picture.