Chapter Thirty | The Real Panipuri Inventor

"Its okay Drishti, you'll be fine in a day or two

"Its okay Drishti, you'll be fine in a day or two." Dushala tried to console her weeping best friend who sat hugging her knees with her face buried in them in a corner of her dimly lit room.

"I wanted to prepare a dance for each of your functions." Drishti sobbed and even sniffed loudly with her face buried in her knees. She was on her periods bearing the massive pain of menstrual cycle since two days not being able to leave her room and enjoy her life out there. She rambled on all her life problems out of which Dushala barely understood anything but was still present to console her and make her feel better.

". . .Actually do you know why menstruation is this painful? Because it begins with MEN!. . ." Drishti carried on her rambling until Draupadi came in with a big plate of pani puri because she knew that was something Drishti would kill to eat.

"I cannot belive it was you who invented panipuri! Seriously Draupadi you've done god's work! I love you." Drishti exclaimed while enjoying her all time favourite snack.

Meanwhile Draupadi rolled her eyes with a smile saying "If you have forgotten let me remind you, it was you Drishti who told me about this snack when we first met, you always kept ranting how much you missed panipuri and after Swayamvar when Mata Kunti asked me to make my first dish as a ritual, I made this due to lack of ingredients, but now I am glad everyone loves it."

Drishti's mouth formed in the shape of an 'o' in realisation. So was it her who was the founder of pani puri? No, not really. She forbade to think any further and concentrated on her favourite snack in front of her.

"I cant believe, I've barely got a month until I leave, Hastinapur." Dushala said staring the night sky full of stars laying beside Drishti and Draupadi in the balcony of Drishti's room and suddenly everything became saddening for Drishti.

"Can you please not bring it up now, I am already sad." Drishti pouted like a kid though tears clearly glistened in her eyes. Draupadi too shared her views on how she felt after leaving her house and family.

"You know what, if I had a family and were to get married ever, I'd make my in-laws and my family live together under the same roof, so no one will miss anybody." Drishti remarked and mentally noted that she'd really do that even though how absurd it would sound to all.

"You can probably do that too" Draupadi said with a smile with some kind of humour in it "Because you are you." And Drishti felt proud at that remark.

Soon after, Draupadi and Dushala left Drishti sleeping peacefully in her balcony under the stars, with the cool breeze which she compared to the air of AC and didn't want to be disturbed.

Snowy mentally shook his head on seeing his owner sleeping in the weirdest and most uncomfortable sleeping position, he knew later in the morning he'll be the one hearing Drishti complaining about her awful back pain.