Chapter Eighty Five

A few days after Drishti finally found a place to live in the outskirts of Hastinapur in the ashram with numerous kids and an old loving lady who initially offered the place to her, Drishti decided it will be her home for the next fifteen years or...

A few days after Drishti finally found a place to live in the outskirts of Hastinapur in the ashram with numerous kids and an old loving lady who initially offered the place to her, Drishti decided it will be her home for the next fifteen years or maybe more.

The wounds from the past few days were still fresh, her nights were sleepless as she could only remember being betrayed by the people she trusted the most in the cruelest way possible. Her physical injuries had started to fade but she was sure of those injured engraved on her heart that would last for the lifetime. How could she even erase them?

Sitting alone in a room of the ashram with nothingness on her mind, yet so lost, she was pulled out of her reverie on hearing a soft clear of throat, looking up through eyes tired of pouring pain, she saw a little kid of not more than eight or nine standing in front of her slightly confused.

She knew all them probably took her to be another orphan, not that is wasnt the truth, but still they considered her pretty much older to live there. All of them had been perplexed with her presence there as they were not even known to the fact that has come from the grand castle of Hastinapur as now she looked farthest from belonging to a royal family after being covered in bruises and looking extremely weak.

"Someone has come to meet you." The kid said cautiously as if he was afraid of her or something. She wanted to ask who but he already ran away. She wondered who it might be. Maybe Govind? He promised to visit her soon before leaving for Dwarka with Subhadra.

She tried to stand up weakly, almost stumbling because of the lack of strength in her legs, infact whole body. She was drained of all energy both physically and mentally and even emotionally. She just wanted to rest for a longer while now.

Making her way out of the ashram she saw how all the playing kids quietened down as soon as she stepped out. They were all finding her very strange and even scary. If she had the energy she would have herself told them how much she loved kids and to make friends with them.

She walked to the main entrance of the ashram as she couldnt see anybody from inside but halted just before stepping a foot out of the boundry of the ashram on seeing who it was.

Angraj Karn.

The reason for every single thing that was killing her constantly.

The pace at which the pain again shot through her whole body just at the mere sight of him, was indescribable. She stepped back immediately with fury and disgust blinding her immensely, but was stopped, "Drishti wait!—"

"Dont!" She raised a hand towards him sharply halting him in his tracks right before he could enter the ashram, "Dont you dare to come near me."

As much as her throat burned with the hatred surging through her and speaking to him in that venomous tone, she knew she had to. He took a step back slowly, nodding at her with his face morphed in sheer hurt and devastation. Ofcourse it was evident that he had been regretting what all had happened in the dice game a few days ago, the bags and dark circles under his eyes explained that vividly.