Chapter Nine | Pandavas In Disguise

Drishti couldnt keep calm after knowing that person who she was day dreaming about was Angraj Karn

Drishti couldnt keep calm after knowing that person who she was day dreaming about was Angraj Karn. Her heart would probably give up beating. She lost all the courage to look back in his direction. Every cell in her body filled up with nervousness and anxiety.

But still she couldnt stop herself from glancing at the King again and again secretly. She admired how handsome he looked, great physique, that damn glow, and that constant frown on his face being a beautiful contrast to his fascinating calm aura.

Do you have a crush on him Drishti? She asked to herself. No I cant!

Why you cant? She asked to herself again. Well for the fact, he is probably fifteen years older than me, and I-I just cant!

Oh come on its not a crime to find someone handsome and have a crush on them! - No I dont have a crush on him!!

Krishna chuckled beside her trying to prevent himself from bursting out laughing. She gaped at him. Was he reading my mind?

"No Sakhi, I didnt read your mind." Krishna whispered with a small laugh, causing her eyes to widen at him and soon she too burst out laughing with him, not loud enough to let the whole court hear.

But still her laugh gained someone's attention from the crowd, Angraj Karn. He turned his head to see the girl, who he just caught staring at him a few moments ago and now was laughing with Krishna.

He didnt know why but he felt the urge to watch her, how happy her laugh seemed. So pure, innocent and a little childish, just so cute in his opinion. He watched how her eyes shrank and how she had a hand in front of her mouth stifling her own laughs.

She is really beautiful. He was shocked at his own thoughts.

Once again glancing at her laughing one more time he turned away shaking his head with a small smile. She indeed is beautiful but more than that she is adorable.

Everybody was now fully concentrated to the swayamvar task. Drishtidyum had finished explaining the task to everyone and one by one multiple Kings and Princes started coming forward trying their ability and luck.

It took Drishti's everything to not squeal loudly when she saw five Brahmins step in the courtyard. She was internally jumping. They are them! They are the Pandavas!

Right Sakhi, well spotted. Krishna smiled towards her playfully. She grinned watching the five Brahmins with utter excitement. She mentally began guessing who was who.

The tallest and bulky one is surely Bheem. She thought to herself and gained a confirmation nod from Krishna.

And those two who look almost the same are surely Nakul and Sahdev. Krishna gave her an impressed look and proved her right.

But now its difficult for you to tell who is Yudhistir and who is Arjun. Krishna smirked at her playfully. She indeed found it difficult to differentiate between the last two remaining ones.

She observed them closely and saw one of them had his eyes roaming around to all the King's and Princes, as if recognising them one by one and the other one had his eyes concentrated at the eyes of fish swimming in the sky to be shot.

Thats him! Arjun! The one who is staring the fish! Right? She internally jumped with excitement and slightly outwardly too gaining a glare from Draupadi while Krishna snickered beside her.

You are absolutely right Sakhi. Drishti grinned widely at her friend. And Krishna turned to Draupadi a little with a knowing smile "The one you wish to marry and will win you has arrived in this place, Sakhi."

Suddenly all of Draupadi's expressions changed and she started roaming her eyes in the large crowd anxiously trying to spot him. Both Krishna and Drishti stifled a laugh watching her so excited to see her future husband.

"Where is he Govind?" Draupadi asked anxiously. Krishna shook his head smiling and answered. "Can you see that Brahmin over there, the one standing the second from the right side-"

"Is it him?" Draupadi asked in hollow voice. She just couldnt believe that he was going to be her future husband. And Drishti very well knew who she meant by him. Drishti knew about Draupadi's fascination towards the third Pandava Kumar.

"Dont worry Draupadi, what's in your fate will surely reach to you." How Drishti felt her heart go extremely heavy while saying this to Draupadi even after knowing the whole story.

Draupadi smiled at Drishti softly agreeing with her and sat back satisfyingly. All of them darted their attention to the task when Duryodhan rised to perform it with pride. Drishti mentally rolled her eyes knowing what was about to happen.

He failed miserably. Bad luck.

Watching Duryodhan's pride and ego melt down with shame, both Krishna and Drishti bit back Snickers trying to control their laughter while Draupadi sat their in relief as finally Duryodhan lost the competition.

Mistakenly while controlling her laughter, Drishti's eyes went to dart towards the one face she could stop herself from staring to. Angraj Karn. Her breath hitched when she saw he was already staring at her and caught her almost laughing at Duryodhan's defeat. Shit!

She immediately looked away from him, her heart started beating to a rapid pace again wondering anxiously if he had figured out that she was the maid that day. She hoped not.

Sneaking a glance again secretly at him, she found him moving his head away from her direction with a little smile playing on his face.

Did he smile at her?

*Author's Note*

Q. Do you like the idea of Karn & Drishti?

Hope you liked the chapter please remember to vote and comment on it and follow me for more updates! Thankyou for reading!