Chapter Ninety Nine

*Note*

Please make sure to vote and comment and your fav parts of the chapter!! It makes me happy.🥺❤️

Its been a whole week since Uttara and Abhimanyu's marriage was finalised

Its been a whole week since Uttara and Abhimanyu's marriage was finalised. A whole hectic week of a rushed marriage preparations. As the inevitable war was near, the marriage was the priority of both the families for some reasons which Drishti never understood wholly but she got the gist of it as in case anything happens there shall be an heir to the Pandavas as suggested by Krishna and now she could only see the marriage happening for that sole reason and nothing else, atleast that was her opinion.

But she was happy because the bride and groom were happy, that's what mattered the most.

The next day was the occasion everyone have been working tirelessly for, and Drishti seriously couldnt wait to fall down on her bed and breath out a heavy 'finally' after all of that is over.

Right now she was on her way to her and Arjun's shared bedroom, Bheem was searching for his younger brother and asked Drishti to inform him of it. Stepping in her room, Drishti again found Arjun by the edge of the window for the ninth time now, sharpening his arrows. And suddenly her negligibly existent smile vanished, as she knew what all of that was for. The war. The only thing she was mentally praying so hard was to get the war cancelled, despite knowing her prayers were going to go in vain.

She cleared her throat as she stood behind him while he was so very indulged in admiring the arrow he sharpened, it looked gorgeous to Drishti as well and she might not have hated it if it were for show purpose and not for war.

"Arjun," She saw how he turned swiftly on hearing his name being called and a small smile adorned his handsome face as he took in her sight, "Yes, Drishti?"

"Your son is getting married tomorrow and here you are doing this?" Drishti asked jokingly taking the arrow from Arjun admiring how beautiful it was. Arjun could see the way her eyes were skimming over the arrow admirably and he was sure he heard he whisper to herself, "Though, its beautiful."

Before Arjun could add 'Not more than you', Drishti was quick to ask, "Did you acquire this on your penance as well?"

She was known to the fact Arjun did some massive penance in the span of their fifteen year long exile, obtaining all kinds of strong weapons from the gods for the war they had been planning to rage since forever.

"No," Arjun chuckled taking the heavy arrow from her tiny hands as he was worried how could she hold it for so long, "Its just a simple arrow and I passed some time trying to sharpen it, that's it."

"So you mean to say its your own customised weapon?" She asked amazed, he did a shrug in reply, she grinned, "So do you have a name for it?"

All the warriors of that time she had known had named all their favourite or personalised weapons something and she liked the idea of it so much. She was sure Arjun was no different which proved her right when he nodded staring at his creation with a proud look, "Yes, I decided to name it Anjalika astra."